If your YouTube video stopped playing and if it’s showing that ‘Video paused. Continue watching?’ then this is due to the recent YouTube recent feature.
When this feature is launched to reduce data loss or restrict unnecessary data usage, also prevents a few bit server load on the YouTube server as well.
For a direct answer, you can say this is due to stop the background playing and stop the player after a certain period of time if the user left the YouTube on play mode accidentally.
Whether this feature is undoable for android devices but this play-protect feature you can exclude in the YouTube for desktop using YouTube nonstop.
I just played mix playlist on YouTube and noticed that when the YouTube video started playing continuously this automatically gets stuck after 40-45 minutes if no click or action is done on that window.
In order to get rid of this issue just tap on the ‘YES’ while the pop-up shows to you or you can use the extensions like YouTube Nonstop that will let you play the YouTube videos continuously without any restrictions.
You can definitely fix the error that pops up on your Android mobile and play YouTube videos without any pause.
To get continue watching videos on YouTube that would not pause,
- First of all, clear your cache for the YouTube app just by going to the app settings.
- You just install the ‘DON’T PAUSE‘ apk on your Android mobile.
- Next, just turn on the app DON’T PAUSE tapping on the play icon and this will monitor your YouTube that won’t let it pause.
- Now, play the YouTube videos from the app and this will not be paused anymore on your mobile phone.
That’s all you have to follow in order to fix the ‘Video Paused. Continue watching’ issue on YouTube.
In this article, I will explain all of the ways that will let you play the YouTube videos and the extensions that are the best to do the job seamlessly.
Why Does YouTube show ‘Video paused, Continue watching?’
There are only two reasons (playing music on auto-play or playing a mixed playlist ) that let this situation occur, let’s explain in more details:
No action or click on that YouTube window:
Video paused, continue watching is a new video prompt feature of YouTube. This feature pops up in the background when a video has been left unattended in the background for a certain time interval.
This mostly happens when you listen to your playlist on YouTube and leave it in the grey zone of your device. As soon as you leave it and try to go back to the same YouTube playlist, it shows the option of, ‘Video paused, continue watching’.
Playing Auto-play videos for a long time:
When a YouTube user plays autoplay video for a long time up to 45 minutes and leaves it open in the background, it shows the same option of video paused, continue watching.
The only possible reason for this pop-up is that when a playing video is left on an inactive page, just as a reminder to the user about the page being left unattended.
A Few Questions and Answers:
Reasons for Auto-pause on YouTube
A: No interactivity on YouTube for a long time up to 45 minutes.
Can I disable YouTube Auto-pause on Mobile?
A: No, you cannot disable it on mobile but you can tap on YouTube play just scrolling a second, and that keeps playing your YouTube.
What are the ways to fix ‘Video paused. Continue watching?’
A: You can open frequently check the window and scroll that on your browser on your PC and this keeps the error prompt away to appear.
Do the extensions work to disable the autoblock on YouTube?
A: Extensions are used on Google chrome in order to disable the auto-pause on YouTube and these tools work really perfectly on your MacBook or Windows PC (if you’re using Google Chrome browser).
Now, let’s discuss about this fact in more detailed way so that you can take the best guide to start the fix.
Can I Disable Auto-pause on Mobile? – iPhone/ Android
Disabling the auto-pause on any mobile device be it Android or even iPhone is impossible. YouTube doesn’t have any inbuilt option in its settings to disable this video prompt feature.
That means ideally you cannot disable this auto-pause option on your mobile phones.
But, if you don’t want to face such a situation on Android then you might do these things:
- First, open the window of YouTube on your browser if you’re playing YouTube on chrome browser.
- Or if you’re on your YouTube playlist you just touch on the YouTube app frequently that will let your music video play continuously.
However, if you’re on your Android or iPhone you cannot exit the window in order to keep playing your YouTube videos continuously, although you can try the alternative YouTube music to do so.
How to Disable Auto-pause on YouTube?
There is no option available to disable the auto-pause on YouTube. No mobile phone will show you the option to disable the pop-up of the Video prompt on YouTube. No hidden or pirated app will allow or help you to disable it on your mobile phones.
This disabling feature only works on your PC. If you are using YouTube on your personal computer and play auto Play video for a long time and leave it open in the background, the video paused, continue watching pops up.
To disable the auto-pause on your YouTube,
- First of all, add an extension to your existing chrome browser, that you use for opening YouTube on your personal computer.
- Open the extension page.
- Click on ‘Add extension‘ to confirm
- Adding an extension page on your Chrome browser is as simple as it is said here.
- After adding the extension page, the video prompt is disabled.
But if you use Chrome on other devices, you can turn on the ‘ sync’ button, so that even the extension page is synced.
How to Disable Auto-pause on YouTube using Extensions?
If you’re on YouTube on PC then there are a few extensions that will let you play the YouTube video or music continuously.
1. Youtube Auto Pause Blocker
Youtube Auto Pause Blocker is an extension that you have to add to your Google Chrome browser in order to block the auto play and play YouTube videos seamlessly.
- First of all, install the Youtube Auto Pause Blocker extension on your browser and add it to your desktop.
- This YouTube auto-pause blocker only works on personal computers and laptops.
- It does not support any other device like your Android and iPhone mobile phones.
- Once you click it n add it to the desktop, the extension automatically blocks the ‘video paused, continue watching’ prompt video pop-up on YouTube.
- This feature completely blocks the pop-up menu box from appearing and allows you to enjoy your video without any interruption.
- This YouTube auto-pause blocker works perfectly with all the viewing modes on YouTube.
You need not worry anymore about the prompt video pop-up on YouTube. So what if the settings on YouTube don’t provide you with the option of blocking it, we have an extension to block it.
2. YouTube NonStop Extension
YouTube NonStop is another best extension that you can use to disable the auto-pause on YouTube.
To use the YouTube NonStop extension to disable the auto-pause on YouTube,
- First of all, install the YouTube NonStop extension on your Google Chrome extension and add this extension to the desktop of your personal computer.
- Once added to the desktop, the ‘YouTube NonStop extension’ will put an end to the confirmation of ‘video paused, continue watching’ pop-up.
- This extension page doesn’t allow any confirmation box to pop up. Thus the video wouldn’t be paused anymore. All thanks to the YouTube NonStop extension page.
- This extension page supports both YouTube and also YouTube music apps.
- This is a free extension page.
- It works on full-screen view and mini screen view.
That’s all you’ve to do to use the extension.
The Bottom Lines:
This article explains the methods to ignore such error that says ‘Video Paused. Continue watching?’. There are a few extensions that I have added to this article above and you can try any of these according to your best suitable need. Also, the tips added in case you’re on your mobile device either it’s iPhone or Android.