Your Quick Answer:
- If the Snapchat account is known to you then you can look into a few factors to check whether this Snapchat account is fake or not.
- Although having a good Snapchat score proves a Snapchat account to be most old but that does not mean the account is real.
- Yes, it may incur that the account may not be fake but that’s not true always.
- To know if the Snapchat account is fake or not, you just have to look into the profile for a few days and follow the daily story & profile picture the person updates.
- If you notice any realistic stories with a group that looks really natural, then the account is not fake.
You can also spy on the story also,
- First, get the Snapchat story viewer on your device.
- Enter the username of a Snapchat user and see the stories.
- Upon looking at those stories you can whether the account is fake or real.
If you want, you can also try a few steps to track the IP address of the user,
- First, go to the IP finder guide for the Snapchat user.
- Now, follow the steps and send the tracking code.
- You would be notified about where the person is using Snapchat.
Although, if you report for certain times for that fake account then it would get deleted by Snapchat.
How to Find Out Who’s Behind a Fake Snapchat Account?
You can find out who’s behind a fake Snapchat account by using the image lookup method. You’ll need to take a screenshot of the fake profile and then search for information by dropping the image on the Google image search bar.
Google will look out for the information related to the profile and will display the results. The results will include the available information like the real name of the user, phone number, IP address of the user as well as the location, etc.
You can also use any of the third-party websites that offer image lookup services. One of the best-recommended websites is TinEye.
- It can be used on iOS, Android, Windows as well as MacBook.
- This is a free tool.
- You can use it for image tracking, and image lookup.
- Allows both pastings of image link as well as uploading of the image or screenshot for search.
🔴 Steps to Follow:
- First, take a screenshot of the fake Snapchat profile.
- Next, open the image search tool.
- Click on Upload. Then upload the image from Files.
- The tool will work to find out information related to it.
How To find out If this is a real Snapchat account?
To tell if a Snapchat account is real or not, you can directly video chat with the person and if the person agrees to do that really means that is a real Snapchat account and there is no doubt you would have that case.
However, having a huge Snapchat score and a good reputation on Snapchat makes a profile looks really awesome and realistic to other users and the stories posted on a regular basis make a profile believe that it is a real Snapchat account.
Like, if you want to check the Snapchat account is real or not then you have to follow some basic instructions to check from below:
1. You should Check the Snap score
As you know the more Snapchat scores a profile has, the highest the chance for the profile to be real but that does not always mean that profile should be real in case of the profile may be old for getting such a good Snapchat score but you have to check with more following options to be sure that it is a real Snapchat account:
[Although a new Snapchat can easily gain a good score soon. If you want to know the methods then read this guide]
i) Check the profile picture of the person and the first ones from their camera rolls.
ii) Look for the story that a posted from. If the story is like taking selfies and like group pictures of the person that really makes a profile to be a realistic or a real Snapchat account holder.
2. Check the stories posted
People tend to repost others’ stuff and make a fake Snapchat account of someone else or abuse a celebrity. Now in the cases, the trick that I am going to discuss in this article may be really helpful and you have to wait for those to be sure.
You will find a story posted on each suspected account and find out the one that has posted the story for the very first time. This account might be the real one as the other profiles may have been posted his stuff just by reposting the stuff from the original profile.
Is it possible to know if a Snapchat account is fake or not?
Actually, you cannot say that this profile is 100% fake or not fake because of the reality that we are guessing the profile to be fake based on the activity the profile is doing like posting staff and getting good followers or using the profile for the own purposes i.e. selling products, advertising other things and a lot more like that.
1. You Must Check the Profile Picture
Sometimes looking at a profile picture of a Snapchat account tells a lot about that account like either this profile picture is a person itself or using something else from the stock photos. You should have found that if a person just using a profile picture that is not of that person itself then the profile may be fake that you should not trust.
2. Check the Followers or the Following list
If that account has a lot of followers on the list but those may be random followers that may be brought or received from the bots. If those profiles are trying to sell their products, you should be thinking one more time before getting trapped.
How to Track Snapchat Account IP Address?
Track the Snapchat IP address of any account is not difficult. You can easily access the Snapchat IP with the help of the Grabify IP logger tool. This tool works effectively and allows you to get the IP address of any user who clicks on the link.
You would need the content that people want to click and this is how is your job will be done.
- Find a link related to the catchy topic, make sure to use a catchy topic so that the person cant refuse to open the link.
- Now Visit Grabify IP Logger (grabify.link) and you enter the link and click on get tracking code you will be redirected to a new page where the shortcut link will be displayed to you and the Access link will also be visible that you have to save for future use.
- Now share the shortcut link over the Snapchat profile that you want to track, it is advised to use one shortcode per particular account and send the short link to that person.
- Keep checking the access link and if the person just clicks on that link to view the content his IP address will be logged and all details like location will be recorded on that dashboard.
Find out who is behind a Snapchat account:
You can see the Snapchat account by the catchy username but to find the real name of the person is really simple. If you are willing to know who is behind the Snapchat account,
- Just open your Snapchat and then make sure to click on the Gear icon which is available in the top left corner of the app.
- From there makes sure to go to the profile.
- After that, you will see the option ‘Friend’.
- Click on that option and then you will see the list of friends.
- Now you need to find type in the name of the account according to the username.
- You will find a gear icon that will appear on their username.
- Now tap on that gear icon. You will get to see their real name.
The Bottom Lines:
This article cleared your doubt about finding out a fake Snapchat account and if you have any more doubt you can use the method to find your Email address if this does not work you can use the Grabify tool in order to find the exact location of that Snapchat account holder.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How to Identify Snapchat Bots?
Although there’s no direct way that can let you know about a fake Snapchat account or Snapchat bots, you’ll need to keep an eye on the account to find out if it’s on bots.
You’ll have to observe and follow the profile carefully for a few consecutive days which includes seeing all the stories posted from the account. If you find any of the stories to be unrealistic you can be sure that it’s on the bot. However, if the stories posted are group pictures or anything realistic you should know that it’s not on the bot.
To detect a bot, you’ll also need to check the snap score of the account. If the score is high, it’s not a bot but a well-active Snapchat profile. But if the score is very low, it might be because it’s fake.
If it has a real profile picture, it’s less likely to be a bot or fake account. But if the profile picture isn’t real but of something or a celebrity, the chances of the profile being a bot is more.
2. What are Fake Snapchat Accounts?
Accounts on Snapchat which are created using fake names to deceive people are fake Snapchat accounts. The fake account users are generally the ones who are trying to either take advantage of others by deceiving them or to seek fame. They create false accounts by using fake profile pictures of famous people.
The snaps and other content posted by these fake Snapchat accounts aren’t real or related to their real-life interests.
These fake accounts have a clear goal of convincing other users to provide them with their confidential details related to their Snapchat accounts.
They try to trick the other users into handing over control of their Snapchat accounts so that they can have access to the photos, contact lists, friends, etc of these profiles.
3. Can Someone Fake a Snap?
Snaps can be faked, and pictures from the Camera roll which aren’t real-time snaps can be posted as Snapchat stories too.
There are even various third-party applications that support the faking of snaps. Fake Snapchat account users who post stories that aren’t related to their real-life interests use fake apps to make any pictures look like real-time snaps and then send them to their stories to fool people.
- It’s available on the web to be downloaded directly.
- You can create and send fake snaps on Snapchat.
- The app helps you to make the snap look one hundred percent real.
- You can use gallery pictures to edit them as snaps.
🔴 Steps to Follow:
- First, enable the installation from unknown sources and then download and install the Fake Snap Pictures from the web.
- Next, open the app and then import a picture to edit it as Snap.
- Save it and then directly share it to your Snapchat stories from the app itself.
4. How to Spoof Snapchat Location?
You can spoof your Snapchat location but you can’t do it directly from the app. Instead, you’ll need to use third-party apps to do it.
You can use the Fake GPS Location app for Android that you can download from Google Play Store.
- The app can locate your device to any place in the world and is best for supporting your privacy.
- It takes two clicks to change its GPS location.
- The application has a simple interface and is easier to use.
🔴 Steps to Follow:
- First, enable the developer’s settings on your Android phone by heading to the System Management section of your device.
- Click on the Developer’s option.
- Next, enable the developer’s options.
- Click on the Select mock location app and then click on Fake GPS Location.
- Next, open the Fake GPS Location app and then move the map pin to wherever you want to set your location, and then click on the green Play button.
- Your Snapchat location would get changed to wherever the Fake GPS app marks it.
- How to See Someone’s Snapchat Best Friends?
- How to Stop Strangers from Adding You on Snapchat?
- How to See Everyone who Unadded You on Snapchat?
- What Does the Green Arrow Mean On Snapchat?
- Does Snapchat notify when you Screen Record a video call?
- What Does the Ops Mean on Snapchat?
- What Does the Other Snapchatters mean on Snapchat?
- How to Save Snapchat Filters? – Steps To Follow
- How to Find People Near Me on Snapchat
- How to Find when Your Snapchat Account was Created