Your Quick Answer:
- To add a longer video to the Facebook messenger story, open Messenger and tap on “Stories” and then on the “+” icon.
- Then select the “Camera” option and tap on the square icon at the bottom of the screen to select a video. Then tap on “Add to story +” to upload the video.
- When you upload a story to Messenger, it appears on Facebook for a duration of 24 hours, and later it expires.
- It is better not to upload to Story from the album section since the video will be of only 15 seconds. Instead, upload it from the camera section, and it will be longer.
- To upload a video of more than 30 seconds to Facebook, you have first to upload it to WhatsApp as a status and then share it to Facebook as a story.
Video on How to Add Longer Videos to Facebook Messenger Story:
How to Add Longer Videos to Facebook Messenger Story?
Follow the below steps:
Step 1: Open Messenger & Tap on ‘Stories’
The first step you have to follow to add longer videos to the Facebook Messenger story is to open the app from your phone’s home screen. You will be in the “Chats” section, where you’ve seen conversations with your friends. At the bottom right corner, you will see more options i.e. “People”, and ‘Stories’. Tap on the ‘Stories’ icon option.
Step 2: Tap on ‘+ Add to story’ option
Now that you are in the “Stories” section of Facebook Messenger, where you can view other people’s stories, you will see an icon in the top left corner resembling a “+” symbol. You have to tap on this option. Now you will see two options in which you can add stories. The first option is to upload a story using the camera icon and create a video then and there or access the gallery from here before uploading. The other option is to upload a video that had already been made by you and is stored in the album section.
Step 3: Tap on the ‘Camera’ icon
After going to the “+” icon, you will notice that there is a “Camera” option towards the top of the screen so that, ultimately, the video will be much longer compared to the video uploaded from the Album section.
So, tap on the “Camera” icon. You will be led to the camera area where you can record a video or go to your gallery section, where you may already have a video saved that you want to upload as a story.
Step 4: Tap on the Square box
Now that you are in the camera section, you have to find the video you wanted to upload as your Story. To do this, instead of taking a video or pressing on the record option, you have to go to the gallery area from here. To go to the gallery area, you must tap on the square box beside the video recording option. Once you are in the gallery section, you will see a list of photos and videos you took earlier in the newest to oldest order.
Step 5: Choose any video from Gallery & Tap ‘Add to story +’
Now go through the collection of available videos to view in this section, and tap on one of the options. After choosing a video, tap on it to view it on full screen. Here you can edit the video to your liking. You can also add text to give context about where the video was taken or what it is about or use it for hashtags. After you are satisfied with all the editing you have done, tap on the option “Add to story +” which you will find in the bottom right corner of the screen.
It will be uploaded to a full-length Video
After you have tapped on the option “Add to story +” you will see that the video you selected and edited has been uploaded to your Facebook Messenger stories. Plus, it will appear as a full-length video and not a shortened one.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Does it appear on Facebook, too, if you upload a story on Messenger?
Yes. When you upload a story on Facebook Messenger, it also appears on Facebook. This Story lasts on Facebook for a duration of 24 hours, in which everyone in your friends or followers list will be able to view the video and reply to it. This means that the video will show in their feed. But after it reaches the 24-hour mark, it expires, which means no one will be able to view or reply to the Story.
2. Can you directly Upload the video to Story from Album?
Yes, you can upload a video to Story from your album. Still, there is a downside: when you start to upload the video from the album, you will realize that the video you want to upload as a story is only 15 seconds long, which does not follow your requirements. You wish to upload a longer video.
Therefore, to upload a longer video to Messenger, you cannot upload to your Story from the Album section. You have to upload the video from the camera section. This way, the video will be much longer.
3. How to upload a video of more than 26 seconds on a Facebook story?
You can upload a video of more than 26 seconds on Facebook Story, but for that, you will have to have both the Facebook app and WhatsApp Messenger installed on your phone. When you upload your status to WhatsApp, you will see that the time limit allowed is up to 30 seconds, which is more than the time limit of Facebook.
To be able to upload a video of more than 26 seconds on the Facebook story, first, you have to upload the same Story as a status to Whatsapp by going into the Status section. Then you have to share it on the Facebook app as a story. Your video of more than 26 seconds will be uploaded.
- What Does Bump Mean on Facebook?
- Add Friend button Not Showing on Facebook – How to Fix
- How to Attach File in Messenger Chat on Phone?
- Can’t See Friend’s Last Active on Facebook Messenger – FIXED
- How to Show Offline on Facebook when Online?
- How to Remove Your Profile Picture on Facebook
- How to Download Audio from Facebook Messenger
- What Does the Following Mean on Facebook?
- Why Can’t I Make a Facebook Avatar?
- How to Add Longer Videos to Facebook Messenger Story?