Your Quick Answer:
- To change your explore page on Instagram, you can do that by clearing your history, unliking all liked posts, as well as by finding new stuff and liking new interests.
- To change your explore page by clearing history, open the app, go to the Profile icon, and tap on the three lines icon. Now tap on “Settings” and then on “Security”. Now tap on “Clear Search History” and “Clear All”.
- To change your explore page by undoing all posts, go to the Profile icon, and tap on three lines icon. Go to “Settings” and then “Account” and tap on “Posts You’ve Liked”, unlike all the posts.
- If you have new interests and want to change your explore page to show things you are interested in currently, go to the explore page and like the posts closest to your preference.
- Then tap on the posts you like the least, the three dots icon, and then the option “Not interested” so that the algorithm doesn’t show you related posts in the future.
Can you Change Your Explore Page on Instagram?
Yes, you can change your explore page on Instagram. If you want to change your Explore page, you do not like the photos and videos you find on your explore page and like it to be more tailored to your preferences.
Even though you can change your explore page, there is no direct way of option that you can click on to make this happen. You must follow one of the three alternative ways mentioned below if you want to change your Explore page.
How to Change your Explore page on Instagram?
Follow the below methods to change the explore page on Instagram:
1. Clear Search History:
One way you can see a change in your explore page is by deleting the search history of your Instagram account.
Step 1: Open Profile > three lines icon
First, you have to open the Instagram app from your phone’s home screen. Now you will be on the homepage of Instagram. Tap on the Profile icon at the bottom right corner of the screen to reach the profile section of Instagram, where you can see all your posts and basic information about your account.
Once you are in the Profile section of Instagram, you will notice an icon on the top right corner of the screen. It resembles three horizontal lines. You have to tap on the option.
Step 2: Open Settings> Security
Tapping on the Three lines icon will open a tab where you will see a list of options related to your account activity, settings, etc. Here you will notice that the first option is “Settings”. You have to tap on this option.
This will open the settings section of Instagram, where you will see all kinds of options related to changes you can make within your account. Tap on the option “Security”. This will open a tab that will show options related to how you can make your account safer.
Step 3: Tap on “Clear Search History”> “Clear All”
Now that you are in the “Security” section of Instagram tap on the option “Clear Search History”. This will open the Recent Searches tab. At the top right corner, you will notice the “Clear All” option.
Tap on this option, and you will receive a notification prompt to confirm your action, tap on the “Clear All” option, and your history will be deleted.
2. Undo all Liked Posts Manually:
Another method in which you can reset your explore page is by undoings all liked posts.
Step 1: Open Profile > three lines icon
To manually undo all the liked posts, first, you have to open the Instagram app from your phone and then go to the profile icon. You can do this by tapping on the right-most icon at the bottom of the screen on the menu bar.
In this section, you will see your following and followers’ lists and posts you have uploaded in the past.
At the top right corner in the profile section, you will notice a three-line icon characterized by three horizontal lines. You have to tap on this option.
Step 2: Open Settings> Account
After you tap on the three lines icon, a set of options will appear. Here, you have to tap on the first or topmost option that appears, which is the “Settings” option.
The settings tab will remain in front of you with options related to privacy, activity, and notifications. Under this tab, tap on the “Account” option.
Step 3: Tap on “Posts You’ve Liked”
Now that you have tapped on the “Account” option, you will see an option in this tab that says “Posts You’ve Liked”. You have to tap on this. As a result of tapping on it, you will see all the posts you have liked since the creation of the account.
Now unlike all the posts or just the posts, you don’t want to see on the explore page. After this, you will notice a significant difference when you go to your explore page.
Video on How to Change your Explore page on Instagram:
3. Find New Stuff and Like your Interests:
You have to find new stuff according to your interests and Like them, so the Instagram algorithm understands that your tastes and preferences have shifted to something different.
Step 1: Go to Explore
The first step you have to follow is to open the Instagram app from your phone’s home screen. When the app opens, you will find yourself on the home page of Instagram, where you can see posts of people you follow.
Now, from the five icons in the menu, tap on the icon that resembles a magnifying lens. This will lead you to the explore page. You will see many posts in a search bar at the top.
Step 2: Like posts related to your new interests
Now that you are on the Explore page tap on a post that closely resembles your tastes. Then you have to like the post by tapping on the heart icon. Go back and select other posts from the explore page that you are interested in and double tap on them or tap on the heart icon to like them.
Step 3: Remove posts that you do not like
Now that you have liked the posts that closely resemble your interests, you have to remove posts that you do not want to see. You can do this by tapping on a post on the Explore page that you don’t like. Once the post opens, tap on the three dots icon at the top right corner of the screen.
Tap on the option “Not interested” in the next tab. Your action will be recorded, and the algorithm will show you lesser posts like that. Keep repeating this several times for posts you don’t want to see. Then refresh the explore page, and you will notice that it is showing posts that interest you.
- What happens When you Delete a Conversation on Instagram?
- Can You Delete Instagram Conversation From Both Sides?
- How to Clean Up your Instagram Feed
- How to Find Inactive Instagram Followers?
- How to Find Someone on Instagram without Account?
- How to Unfollow Everyone on Instagram Fast?
- Why Can’t I See Instagram Reels?
- Why are some Instagram Profiles Circle in Color?
- What Does it Mean when Following Button is Green on Instagram?
- Can’t See Following List on Instagram – Why & How to Fix