Your Quick Answer:
- To delete an Instagram business account, you can disable the account from your computer by opening the instagram.com website, clicking on the profile icon, and then “Settings” and “Edit Profile” option.
- Then click on “Temporarily disable my account”. Choose the reason for disabling, enter your existing password, and tap on “Permanently Disable Account”.
- You can permanently delete your account by clicking on “Settings” from the profile icon and then going on”HELP” and then “Managing Your Account”.
- Now click on “Delete Your Account” and “How do I delete my Instagram account?”. Tap on the “Delete Your Account” hypertext, explain why you’re deleting your account, retype your password and click on “Permanently delete my account”.
- You can also switch your business account to a personal account from your Instagram app by going to the profile icon and tapping on the three lines icon.
- Then all you have to do is, click on “Settings” and “Account”, and then on “Switch to Personal account”, and finally tap on “Switch Back”.
Video on How To Delete an Instagram Business account:
How To Delete an Instagram Business account?
To delete an Instagram business account, there are three ways:
1. Disable the Instagram Account on the PC:
Follow the steps mentioned below to disable your Instagram account:
Step 1: Go to profile icon > Settings
Open the Instagram webpage from your computer and log in to your Instagram account. Tap on the profile photo icon, which is the rightmost option of the five icons visible on the top right corner of the screen. Then tap on “Settings”. The settings window will open.
Step 2: Go to Edit Profile > Temporarily disable my account
Here, the “Edit Profile” option will be autoselected. However, if this is not the case, you can manually click on the “Edit Profile” option and scroll down until you see a blue option saying, “Temporarily disable my account”. Tap on this option.
Step 3: Re-enter password> “Temporarily Disable Account”
The “Temporarily Disable Your Account” tab will open in front of you. Here you will be asked, “Why are you disabling your account?” and beside it, you will see a drop-down list of options that you want to disable your account. Select the reason why you want to disable your account. Then in the next text box, you will be asked to re-enter your password—type in your existing password here. Then click on the blue option “Temporarily Disable Account”. A prompt will appear asking you to confirm your decision to temporarily disable your account. Click on ” Yes”, and your account will be disabled until you decide to log in again.
2. Permanently Delete the Account:
You can permanently delete your Instagram business account using the following steps:
Step 1: Go to the Profile icon
Open a web browser on your laptop or computer, and go to the Instagram page from Google. Log in to your account using your credentials. On the top right corner of the screen, you will see five icons; click on the rightmost icon, which is a miniature of your profile photo. A floating notification will appear under the icon you just clicked on with four options.
Step 2: Go to “Settings” > “Help”
After clicking on the profile icon, click on the third option in the floating notification to read “Settings”. The “Settings” section of Instagram includes all kinds of options relating to “Privacy and Security” as well as “Login Activity”. Here, you have to scroll down to find a horizontal list of options in blue color. Click on the “Help” option.
Step 3: Go to “Managing your Account” > “Delete your Account”
Here click on the “Managing your Account” option on the left side of your screen. Then click on “Delete your Account” on the left side of the screen. Now you will see three FAQs. Click on the option “How do I delete my Instagram account?”. Scroll down to look at point number one, where you will be asked to go to the “Delete Your Account” page, which will be highlighted in blue as a hyperlink. Click on it.
Step 4: Re-enter password> “Permanently delete my account”
You will be asked to log in to your account if you haven’t already done it. Then, you will be asked, “Why are you deleting your account?” with a drop-down list of options beside it. Tap on it and select a reason. You have to re-enter your password and click on the red option “Permanently delete my account”. You will get a floating prompt to confirm the deletion of your account. Click on “OK”, and your account will be permanently deleted.
3. Switch Back to Personal Account:
Having a business account means that all your contact information will be available to people who want to contact you. By simply switching back to a personal account, you not only hide your information, but at the same time, you won’t have to undergo the hassle of making a new account.
Step 1: Go to the profile icon > three lines icon
On your phone, open the Instagram app and make sure you are logged in to your business account. Now tap on the Profile icon on the right side of the menu bar at the bottom of the screen.
This will open the part of your account where you can see your posts and followers list, et cetera. Then tap on the three lines icon at the top right corner of the screen.
Step 2: Go to “Settings” > “Switch to personal account”
On the tab that will appear on the right side of the screen, tap on the “Settings” option at the bottom. This will open the “Settings” tab to see the “Account” option.
Tap on it. In this tab, you will see various options related to your account like “Mobile date use”, “Linked accounts”, et cetera. At the bottom of the list of options will be two options highlighted in blue.
One is “Switch to personal account”, and the other is “Switch to creator account”. Tap on the option “Switch to personal account”. A floating notification prompt will appear on the screen, asking you to confirm your decision to switch your business account to a personal account. Tap on “Switch Back”. Your account will now have been switched to a personal account.
- How to Fix if Instagram Archive Stories Missing?
- Can You Restore Comments on Instagram after Unblocking?
- How to Add Line Breaks in Instagram on iPhone?
- Can You See Who Views Your Instagram Profile?
- How to See Who Viewed Instagram Highlights After 48 Hours?
- What Happens When You like and Unlike an Instagram Post?
- Instagram Story Not Posting – What To Do
- How to Find Instagram users who don’t Follow you back?
- Why Does Instagram Show Error when Uploading Videos?
- What happens When you Delete a Conversation on Instagram?