Your Quick Answer:
- To find someone on TikTok without a username, you can look for them using their old username by either typing it directly into the search bar of TikTok since there may be similarities between the past and present username.
- You can also look up their username on Google Images and find their account in the results. Tapping on it will take you to their TikTok account.
- You can look for their TikTok username on Instagram. Go to Instagram and tap on “Explore”. Search the username of the person you are trying to find.
- Go to their account and tap on the TikTok account link in their bio to go to their TikTok page.
- If the person lives close to you, you can open the app and go to “Inbox”. Now you have to tap on “All Activity” and then on “From Tiktok”. Here you will find users who live close by, one of these will be the one you are looking for.
- You can also find someone using their email by going to “Settings” and then to “Google” and tapping on “Account services”. Tap on “Google Contacts sync” and then “Also sync device contacts”; turn on “Automatically back up & sync device contacts”.
- Then go to the “Profile” icon of TikTok and tap on the “Find Friends” icon. Then go to “Find Contacts”. Allow TikTok access to your contacts. You will find usernames you can follow from your email contacts.
How to Find Someone on TikTok without Username?
There are a few methods that you can use to find someone on TikTok:
1. Find using the old username:
If you do not know someone’s latest username, you can still find them on TikTok using the username you remember. In these cases, you can type the old username into TikTok’s search bar and find the person in the results. You will get results for the person you are looking for since there may be similarities between their new username and the old one and sometimes they change back to their old username.
However, you can also make use of the Google Images Cache, to find the TikTok account you are searching for; the steps for it are below.
Step 1: Go to Google > Search Username
The first step you must follow is to go to a web browser of your choice, for example, Chrome, and then go to Google. Now you have to tap on the search bar and type in “[old username] TikTok”. Then tap on the search option or press “Enter” on the keyboard.
Step 2: Look at Google Images
Now that you have tapped on the search option to get the search results, tap on the “Images” option under the search bar. All the accounts that have ever had the username that has been cached will pop up in the search results. You may also notice their profile picture or related information here. Clicking on it will lead you to their account with the new username.
Note: When you are searching, both the words “Tiktok” and the old username must be present with proper spelling. Also, try to put the username in quotes.
Video on How to Find Someone on TikTok without Username:
2. Find someone’s TikTok through Instagram:
If you are friends with the person on Instagram or are at least familiar with their Instagram username, you can go to their Instagram profile and look for their TikTok username. This method will only work for accounts trying to build their social media presence by mentioning all their social media usernames on all platforms. Follow the steps given below to find their TikTok.
Step 1: Go to Instagram>Explore
The first step you have to follow is to open the Instagram app on your device. A menu bar with five options will remain at the bottom of the screen. You will tap on the “Explore” icon of all five. You will notice this section filled with photos and videos you may be interested in.
Step 2: Find them and go to their Instagram bio
At the top of the screen, you will notice a bar with a magnifying lens symbol. Tap on it and type in the username of the person whose TikTok you want to find. Once the name appears in the search results, you have to go ahead and click on it.
Their page will open. You will notice that in their bio, they have mentioned a link to go to their TikTok page. Tap on this link, and you will reach their TikTok account. Now you can follow them. You may also find their TikTok username in video descriptions.
3. Find Users Near Your location:
If you do not know someone’s current username, you can find them using location to your advantage. Tiktok has a feature that helps you find people who make TikToks within a 20 to a 25-km radius. If the person whose account you are looking for is living within this area, you may want to follow these steps.
Step 1: Open Tiktok> Inbox
Open the TikTok app and look at the bottom of the screen, where there is a menu bar with five options. Tap on the second last option to the right that says “Inbox”.
Step 2: Go to “All Activity”> “From Tiktok”
At the top of the screen in the inbox section, you will see an option that says “All Activity” with a drop-down arrow beside it.
Tap on the drop-down arrow, and you will see an option that says “From Tiktok” at the bottom of the list of options. Tap on it.
Step 3: Search for the user
Now you will find yourself in the “From Tiktok” section. You will see a list of accounts of people who live in close proximity to you.
Scroll down until you find the person you have been looking for and follow them, so you don’t have to look for them again.
4. Find someone with an Email:
If the other methods seem too complicated for you, or you want to use a method that uses just the TikTok app to solve this problem, then this is the method for you. All you need is their exact email ID. The steps below will help walk you through the whole process of finding the TikTok user through their email ID.
🔴 Steps To Follow:
Step 1: Go to the “Settings” app on your phone and tap on “Google”. Now you have to tap on the “Account services” option.
Step 2: Once you are in the “Account services” tab, you have to tap on the option “Google Contacts sync”. Tap on “Also sync device contacts” and “Automatically back up & sync device contacts” to turn it on. This will sync the phone and Google Contacts together.
Step 3: Open the TikTok app and tap on the “Profile” icon at the bottom right corner of the screen.
Step 4: In the profile area, tap on the “Find Friends” icon and then on “Find Contacts”.
Step 5: A floating notification will appear asking you to provide TikTok access to your contacts. Allow it.
Step 6: The contacts will get synced with TikTok, and a list of usernames will appear from your email and phone contacts.
Among them, you will find the account you were looking for of the person who just changed their TikTok username.
The Bottom Lines:
There are four methods, and although the first method of looking for an account using their old username is the simplest, you can use whichever method you like best from the ones mentioned above and expect to see the same results.
- How To Recover Deleted TikTok Account
- How To Search Someone On Tiktok Without Account
- How To Stop Contacts From Finding You On TikTok
- How to Find Contacts On TikTok That Are Not Showing
- Does Tiktok Tell You Who Viewed Your Profile?
- How To Fix The Profile Picture Not Showing On TikTok?
- How To See Tiktok Videos You’ve Viewed Previously
- TikTok Removed Sound – How To Fix
- How Many Followers Do You Need To Get Verified On TikTok?
- How Long Does A Permanent Ban On TikTok Last?