Your Quick Answer:
- To know if your WhatsApp is monitored, open your WhatsApp and look for all active or previous sessions. You will see all the devices that are being used on your WhatsApp.
- If you see some changes in WhatsApp conversations that are not done by you, then you should be prudent that your WhatsApp is monitored by someone else.
- You will also get a notification if any device has opened WhatsApp web and in that can just log out of all the active WhatsApp web sessions to stop the monitoring.
- Check your about section and contact information, if any changes are made there.
- If you recently have logged into any third-party apps with your WhatsApp, there might be a chance of being spied on.
If you don’t keep your WhatsApp backup file safe or the media folder protected, hackers might be able to steal the data from there and see all of your WhatsApp chats.
How to Tell if your WhatsApp is Monitored?
This thing can be done if someone scanned your WhatsApp Web QR without letting you know.
To know if someone is tracking or monitoring through WhatsApp web just,
Step 1: Open WhatsApp and tap on the ‘three-dots’ icon & tap WhatsApp Web.
Step 2: Now, if this shows ‘Currently Active‘ then your WhatsApp messages are being read on the WhatsApp Web.
Step 3: You can tap on Log out from all devices to stop this.
If we talk about the demand for tracking anyone’s WhatsApp account by such apps, may likewise not be the real thing that is utilized by experts. But, WhatsApp can be spied by such apps and spyware, so be careful.
- If you have installed unnecessary third-party applications on your device, things get worse if you also have allowed file/media access to such apps.
- If you see multiple messages or files that are sent to your contacts without your permission, you can be sure that a major hack happens on your WhatsApp account and the spying is going on till now.
Here, in this article, we have listed the facts you can use to identify if your WhatsApp is being tracked.
Video on How to Know if your WhatsApp is Monitored:
Watch the video guide to know if your WhatsApp is monitored,
1. How to Know if WhatsApp is being Spied by Someone?
If your WhatsApp is being spied on or used by someone, several indications you will get. If any background app is running, at that point you will see abrupt things are going on your phone.
Your battery will begin to drain so rapidly and if you notice that without any ongoing downloading task, your mobile battery is depleting so quickly than normal, some apps are running in the background.
- These apps may be the ones that you have installed from unknown sources, can track your social accounts like WhatsApp and Facebook. So, if you want to know whether WhatsApp is being tracked, this is a clear sign.
- Another indication is, that your phone will create noise or bell for no reason. Your phone may vibrate even when no notification is coming into your device.
- That is likewise a sign that your WhatsApp is aimed toward spying and the procedure is going on.
- If you see your WhatsApp will hang frequently: If someone is spying on your WhatsApp then you might notice that your phone, especially the WhatsApp will turn out to run slower than ever.
- This happens due to the overuse of RAM for that particular app. If your WhatsApp is not receiving anything but hanging so frequently then you can consider this as another sign of being spied.
- Your phone will heat up unnecessarily: If you see that your device is heating up so quickly in comparison to last time and also heat up even when the screen is turned off.
Turn off the internet connection or your Wi-Fi and see if the heating of your phone is stopped. If the device starts to heat up once again when the internet is connected then this is sure that background spyware is working on your device. The better option is to format your device right now or uninstall all of the unknown apps if you are not sure where it is going on.
2. How to Know if Someone is Reading my WhatsApp messages?
Hackers try many ways to read your WhatsApp to see the messages. You might check the below-mentioned ways to be aware of:
🔄 Using WhatsApp WEB: WhatsApp web is the easiest way that hackers use to watch inside of your WhatsApp chat and send and receive messages. But, this becomes possible due to the QR code for the WhatsApp web feature.
What hackers do is, steal that QR code and scan that with the WhatsApp web on their PC and if your WhatsApp is open on your mobile they can see all the stuff including messages and media on their PC.
This actually keeps the records of what you are sending and receiving on that WhatsApp account.
🔄 Using Registered SIM card: WhatsApp uses the SIM card for the first time after installation and later your can move out the SIM and use the WhatsApp for that account if you have other internet connections or have Wi-Fi. But, this feature turns out to be a flaw of its own.
If someone has access to that number they can steal and your WhatsApp account and see the incoming stuff. But, you would not be ever able to find out who did this because if the person removes the SIM still he has access to that account until or unless you get back the account again.
🔄 Device Backup File: If we talk about storage security, it is mandatory to keep your all data safe and never give access to other unknown apps. There are some hackers who may try to have access to your device’s backup file of WhatsApp and if they succeed in doing that, can steal all of your current WhatsApp data.
🔄 Using Third-party Spyware: This is the common suggestion you are already familiar with. But, there is something more you need to know. Some browsers are not safe to protect against online threats like spyware, and some websites promote so much spyware and virus that can harm your device and steal information easily. So, next time you are visiting and downloading unknown applications and files, be aware.
3. Stop Someone from tracking WhatsApp
If you see that your WhatsApp account is already being hacked and happening frequently then you might take a few steps on this and the issue will be totally solved.
Just act on these three methods as described below:
⦿ Activate Two-step verification:
This is the initial step you can take against the hackers on your WhatsApp. You can see an option in Settings>>Account and then tap on Two-step verification, then ENABLE the feature there. This works by sending a verification code to the targeted number whenever a user tries to register an account on WhatsApp.
⦿ Disable WhatsApp Web:
Now, here comes another method which you might care about, the WhatsApp web. Whenever you see a notification saying that ‘WhatsApp web is currently active’ but if you didn’t activate this then this is the indication that someone is spying on your WhatsApp remotely. To stop that initially turn off the WhatsApp web feature by tapping on the three-dots icon. You can also check the status of that last active device there.
⦿ Lock All Applications:
Android and iOS both have the feature to lock the apps using patterns or passwords. If your WhatsApp is not locked with any password or pattern, just do it as this may give a chance for hackers to get into your app’s storage and steal data from there.
We also suggest you lock even the media and other folders from where your storage can be accessible. If you are using an older version of Android, in that case, you can install a third-party app called AppLock, easily available on the play store.
What should You do if WhatsApp is Hacked?
If you feel that your WhatsApp account might be at risk then you should take some crucial steps. You have the four effective ways that can help to protect your WhatsApp messages from being read by someone else.
☛ 1. Never Let Anyone Get Access To Your Phone:
The first thing is, you should never leave your phone with someone else unknown. As explained how they can take out all of the information. However, this is always recommended to use any devices single-handed and securely. So, keep an eye on your phone to prevent access from someone else.
☛ 2. Don’t Download Unknown Stuff:
There are few browsers and sites that promote spyware and other viruses. You must be aware to download such apps and files, never download & install such files on your mobile as these files can lead to the hacking of your phone. Just install AdBlockers on the browser and don’t visit sites that have malware.
☛ 3. Install Anti-Spyware:
Even if you take care of things like browsers and adblockers, mistakes happen. So, the best solution is to have anti-spyware installed on your device. This app can help by blocking malware and spyware from hacking your sensitive apps like WhatsApp. You can find such spyware from the play store or app store easily.
☛ 4. Keep only TRUSTED Third-Party Apps:
Trust matters a huge when choosing an app on your device. WhatsApp recently declared there are many apps that are detected as security dangers for your account. So, it is recommended to use only official apps on your device.
If you need to protect your WhatsApp, initially activate the Two-step verification. However, you must activate the other feature as well to better protect your WhatsApp messenger.
The Bottom Lines:
This article explained the best ways that you can take in order to know if your WhatsApp is monitored. You can just directly set up the two-factor security and log out of all WhatsApp web sessions to prevent the spying of your WhatsApp.
- How to See Hidden or Blocked WhatsApp Status – 2022
- How to Know if your WhatsApp is Monitored by Someone?
- 7 Best WhatsApp Online Notification Tracker Apps – FREE
- How To Hide Whatsapp Chats without Archive and Delete?
- WhatsApp Banned: The reasons and Solutions
- WhatsApp Web is Not Downloading Files (Fixed) – PDF and others
- How to Open PDF File on WhatsApp Web without Download
- How to Add WhatsApp Link to Facebook Profile/Marketplace
- Color Text Generator for WhatsApp [Bio, Status, Font]
- Best Bold Text Generator Tools Online