Your Quick Answer:
- There are two methods, on which you can try your luck – i. The Wayback Machine Tool & ii. Screenshot.
- The Wayback Machine Tool keeps a track of all the popular content of different websites on the Internet in the form of cache data. So, if your post is popular enough to get captured, then, copy the link of your post and paste it on the Wayback Machine (archive.org)
- To copy the link of the post whose comments you want to see, open that post on your Instagram account and tap on the ‘three dots’ icon, present in the top right corner of the post. Click on the three-dot icon and then, tap on copy ‘Link’ and paste it on the tool.
- As a result, you will get the comments and previous content of the post.
- Second, on your device’s gallery, find the screenshot of the comments. You might have taken the screenshot from proof or memory to share with your friends. So, search for it in your gallery.
Can you restore comments on Instagram after unblocking?
No, you cannot restore the comments on Instagram after unblocking. When you will block someone from your Instagram account, his/her comments, likes, and reaction to stories, everything will go away, you would not find any of his/her stuff on your posts, videos and stories. That person will completely disappear from your Instagram and after unblocking him/her, he will definitely reappear, but his comments, likes, etc, nothing will restore.
Once you block someone on Instagram, the comments will be removed from your account and would not restore after unblocking.
How to See Comments of the blocked Person on Instagram?
Using the following mentioned techniques, you can easily see comments of the blocked person on Instagram:
1. From Archive.org:
Wayback Machine (archive.org) is a tool that lets you see the older versions of a website, posts, videos, and comments on the website, and even view content that no longer “exists” on the web. The name of the tool is “Wayback Machine” and is essential for reviewing the changed content and Internet history.
Wayback Machine captures the data of the popular posts and content of all types of websites on the Internet and stores it in the form of cached data. To extract the cached data of your post, you have to enter that post’s URL and if the data is present in the machine, you will get the previous version of your post.
Using this tool, you can see the old comments that the blocked person has made on your posts and videos, but the possibility is only 30%. If the Wayback Machine tool has a copy of the cached data of the post link then you can see the older version of that post and its comments, but if this is a popular post then only it is possible otherwise not.
Now, let’s learn to extract the comments of the blocked person through the Wayback Machine tool:
🔴 Steps To Follow:
Step 1: First of all, copy the link of the post whose old comments you want to see.
Step 2: For that, go to your Instagram profile page, and from the ‘Post’ section, tap and open that post.
Step 3: Now, click on the “Three dots” on the top right corner of the post, and you will get an option to copy the link, in the name of “Link” on the right side of the opened menu.
Step 4: Next, open a web browser and search the official website of the Wayback Machine tool. For reference use this link – Wayback Machine (archive.org)
Step 5: When you will open the tool, on the first interface itself you will find a space to paste the link. Paste the link on the space which says – ‘Enter the URL or words related to a site’s home page.
Step 6: Thereafter, wait for the result to appear on the screen and get the old comments on that post.
Video on Can You Restore Lost Comments On Instagram After Unblocking:
2. From Screenshots:
The second method to see the comments from the blocked person on your Instagram posts and videos is through ‘Screenshots’. Many a time people take a screenshot of the comments under the post, to post on a story or share it with friends on another platform. It is possible that you may also have taken the screenshot of the comment that you are now looking for.
So, for that, open your device’s gallery and go to the ‘Screenshot’ section. Over there scroll and find the screenshot of the comments. If this comment is important that you searching for it so badly, then, definitely you have taken a screenshot of it. Search in your screenshot section, and you will find it.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. If I block someone on Instagram, will my likes and comments still be on their posts?
No. If you will block someone from your Instagram account, the likes and comments made by that person on your posts will be removed. Not a single trace of that person will be available on your account. Actually, when you block someone, that person is completely removed from your account, and so are his comments and likes on your post. The comments and likes are removed, not deleted, so would not be on the posts.
2. If you block someone on Instagram, can they still see DMs you’ve sent them?
Yes, they can still see the DMs you have sent them. But, your Instagram username would not appear on their chat list, instead, ‘Instagrammer’ or ‘Unavailable’, etc, will appear as your name and chat will be still there.
However, the case is totally opposite on your side. You would not be having that person’s DMs on your chat list. Not even the one you have saved. His chats will also be removed along with comments and likes from your Instagram.
3. If I’ve blocked someone on Instagram, why can’t I see their profile?
According to Instagram’s T&C policy, if someone blocks someone on Instagram, then, both the person, that is, the one who is blocked and the one who blocks, cannot see each other’s profile on Instagram. For example, if A has blocked B, then neither A nor B can see each other profiles on Instagram. Both will become completely invisible to each other.
4. Do comments get deleted if you block someone?
Yes, comments get deleted, when you block someone from your Instagram account. Everything related to that person will be removed from your Instagram account, once you block them. No comments and likes or chats will be available on your account of that person. So, yes, the comments get deleted if you block someone.
- How To Find Instagram User Information With User ID
- How To Delete All Instagram Posts At Once
- How To Direct Message On Instagram On Chrome
- How To View Secret Conversations On Instagram
- Why Won’t Instagram Let Me Like Posts
- How To Recover Deleted Instagram Messages
- If You View Someone’s Video On Instagram Will He Know?
- How To Know If Someone Deactivated Or Deleted Their Instagram
- How To See Instagram Followers Without An Account
- How To Copy My Instagram Profile Link On Android