Your Quick Answer:
- To see who you unfollowed on Instagram, go to your profile and open the ‘Followers’ list. Scroll down the list and find the people you are not following. You can follow them again from there.
- You can also check the number of likes of your posts to go to your profile and open any of your posts.
- Now check the list of likes; from there, you can recognize that the people you are now following are at the bottom of the list. So, from that, you can determine who you unfollowed.
- You can also use third-party apps like ‘Followmeter for Instagram‘, ‘Followers & Unfollowers‘, ‘Followers – Unfollowers‘, etc. It usually gathers information about your account in a single place.
- You can check the ‘Follow Back’ and ‘You Are Not Following Back’ types of options to determine the people that you are not following.
Video on How to see who I unfollowed on Instagram:
How to See Who I Unfollowed on Instagram?
There are some methods that might help you to see.
1. Browse your list of followers & Check Who is Missing:
Follow the steps below:
Step 1: Go to profile and tap on “Followers”
Using this method, you can find the people you unfollowed on Instagram. First, open the app and log in to your account with your login credentials. Then you will enter the Instagram ‘Home’ page.
From the bottom bar, click on your ‘Profile icon’, and you will enter your Instagram profile page. There, on the right side of your Instagram profile photo, you can see’ Posts’, ‘Followers’, and ‘Following’ options. Here, click on the ‘Followers’ option to see your followers.
Step 2: Scroll down and Find people
Now you have to check the follower list. After opening the ‘Followers’ list, scroll down the page to check if someone is missing from the followers’ count. When doing this method, you should be aware of one thing: that the person you accidentally unfollowed needs to be following you on Instagram. Otherwise, you can not find him in the ‘Followers’ list.
Step 3: If you unfollowed anyone, you can Search & Follow them Again
After checking the ‘Followers’ list, you can follow them back if you happen to recognize someone you unfollowed by accident. Just click the ‘Follow’ button beside their username and start to follow them back. For those who are not on the list but remember their names, you can search for them from the ‘Search’ section and follow them again.
2. Check likes on your posts:
You can check the likes on your posts to determine whom you are not following.
You can easily find the people by checking the list of likes that you are not following:
Step 1: Go to your profile & Tap on any of your posts
Open your Instagram app and log in with your credentials. After that, you will enter the Homepage of Instagram. At the bottom of the bar, you can see there are five sections: ‘Home’, ‘Search’, ‘Reels’, ‘Activity’, and, at last, your ‘Profile’. Tap on the ‘Profile’ from the bottom right corner, and enter your profile page.
After entering your profile page, scroll down, and you can see there are three columns where one section keeps your photos, one keeps videos, and in the last section, you can see the posts where people tag you. Now tap on any of your posts and open them.
Step 2: Find who likes your post
After opening your post, you can see the names and the profiles just below your post. Click on that part, and the list of the likes will open.
Step 3: Scroll down the list and find people you’re not following
After opening the list of likes, you can see all the profiles and names of people who like your post. There is an order of the names arranged by Instagram.
Fundamentally, the list is arranged so that the person you are following will be at the top of the list, and, on the other hand, the people you’re not following will be at the bottom of the list. So scroll down the list, and among the people, you are not following, find the person. You can also follow them again by clicking on the ‘follow’ option.
3. Use a third-party app:
Instagram has cracked down on its API due to privacy, which means that third-party app developers have a limit on how they can access user followers. However, there are still some good tools that can monitor loss and gain followers, and if you have unfollowed, it will show under the followers’ loss or on a similar option.
Some good apps in this field are ‘Followmeter for Instagram’, ‘Followers & Unfollowers’, and ‘Followers – Followers. Let’s talk about the steps to using these third-party apps.
🔯 Followmeter for Instagram:
🔴 Steps To Follow:
Step 1: Open your Google Play Store and search for it and download the application.
Step 2: Then enter your Instagram login credentials and log in to your account.
Step 3: Next, you enter a page where you can access many things. There are some paid and unpaid features available.
Step 4: The features like ‘Ghost Followers’, ‘Blocked You’, ‘Secret Admirers’, ‘Top Likers’, and ‘Top Commenters’ are paid features ($5.68 / mo).
Step 5: There are some other features that you can use with your free account, like ‘New Followers’, ‘You Unfollowed’ etc. Among these options, click on ‘You Are Not Following Back’. It will open the list of people that you are not following.
🔯 Followers & Unfollowers:
🔴 Steps To Follow:
Step 1: Please install the application from the Play Store and agree with their terms and conditions. Now login to your Instagram account.
Step 2: Now tap the ‘three parallel horizontal line’ icon from the top left corner.
Step 3: There you can see many options, like ‘Don’t follow me back, ‘Mutual’, ‘I follow’, ‘Followers’ etc. Choose the option ‘Follow Back’. You can see those people who follow you, but you are not following them.
🔯 Followers – Unfollowers:
🔴 Steps To Follow:
Step 1: Please install the application from the Play Store and launch it. Now agree to their terms and conditions and log in to your account.
Step 2: Now click the ‘Next’ option, and you will enter the ‘Don’t follow back’ page.
Step 3: Swipe the top bar from right to left, and you can see the other sections like ‘Recent Followers’, ‘Mutual’, ‘Follow Back’, ‘Ghost Followers’, etc. Click ‘Follow Back’, and choose the person you want to follow back from the list.
- How to Fix if Instagram Archive Stories Missing?
- Can You Restore Comments on Instagram after Unblocking?
- How to Add Line Breaks in Instagram on iPhone?
- Can You See Who Views Your Instagram Profile?
- How to See Who Viewed Instagram Highlights After 48 Hours?
- What Happens When You like and Unlike an Instagram Post?
- Instagram Story Not Posting – What To Do
- How to Find Instagram users who don’t Follow you back?
- Why Does Instagram Show Error when Uploading Videos?
- What happens When you Delete a Conversation on Instagram?