If you want to tell if someone is on ghost mode then you can look at different things on the person’s Snapchat account to understand this.
Ghost mode is something that anyone can use in order to turn off many features including the live location of the Snapchat account.
Although, the live location goes unavailable if you do not open eh Snapchat app for a certain period of time. However, if someone is on Snapchat and wants to hide the location then ghost mode is the only option.
To tell if someone has the ghost mode is turned on, then look at the profile of the person that will turn into a blue bitmoji of a ‘ghost-like icon‘ 👻 that will display on the profile if the profile has turned on the ghost mode. Also, the live location of the profile will also freeze if the person has turned on the ghost mode on his Snapchat profile.
There are a few more things that you have to look for and then you can find the way that will work to see someone’s location even in the ghost mode.
In this article, I will explain the different points that you have to look for and to find out if the person is really in ghost mode.
There are several things that confirm ghost mode, even you may see wrong last seen on Snapchat.
Tell if Someone is on Ghost Mode On Snapchat
The Snapchat features are pretty unique and tricky, it will require you to know the features and how they work. They provide their users with an awesome feature which is called the ghost mode. But it’s different when someone in your friend list is using the ghost mode or they have turned on the ghost mode on Snapchat.
Moving on to the following points where you’ll be able to find some tips about how to detect if someone on your Snapchat friends list is on ghost mode.
- If your friend’s live location has frozen or you cannot see it then it’s because that person is using the ghost mode which is a member feature that allows the user to be in confidential mode. You won’t be able to see their location for a while but surely after they turn it off.
- Another change that you will notice and by which you can also find out if your friend is on ghost mode is that you’ll see their bitmoji has got changed to a blue sign with a 👻 icon.
- If the person using ghost mode has chosen to keep a blurred blue icon to show it to his or her friends while he or she is on ghost mode then you or any other audience will find that in his profile photo on your Snap Map.
Turning ghost mode on does not show the user’s location on the map of Snapchat i.e. Snap Map.
Will your Friends Know if you’ve enabled Ghost Mode?
As you know the ghost mode in Snapchat is a unique feature that gives you the freedom and ability to blur your profile bitmoji and freeze your live location. So, basically, it does not enable your friends to know about your current or changing location and Snapchat doesn’t provide them any notification about it either. They will not be notified if you’re using ghost mode to freeze your location.
However, your friends may realize it if they have the knowledge about how ghost mode works. Then after seeing your profile turned blue with a 👻 icon on it they can get to know about the same. Your map may show them the blurred blue icon at the bottom right of your map pin which indicates that you’re somewhere in the vicinity.
See Someone’s Location on Snapchat when they are on Ghost Mode
If someone wants to know about your location while you’re on ghost mode then he or she can send you a request to send or share your location with that particular person.
To get someone’s location on Snapchat,
- First of all, find the person on Snapchat and then go to the profile.
- Now, look for the option ‘Request Location‘ option on the profile section.
- Next, tap on the option then the location request will be sent to the person.
Finally, if the person shares it with you, you will be able to view the location.
Your Location on Ghost Mode to Friends:
To see the person’s location, check out the below steps,
- First, you need to open the Snapchat application on your device.
- Then head on to the top left corner where you’ll find your profile icon. Then, click on it to get to the next page.
- Now when you’re on your profile page, scroll down to find your snap map, and then click on it.
- Clicking on it brings you to the My Location page.
- You’ll find your ghost mode is already enabled. Now scroll down below to find the location request.
- Under it, you’ll find the option whether you want your friends to request you for your live location with the choice to Allow friends to request a live location. Enable it by swiping it right.
Now when you have enabled it, your friends who need your live location desperately can request you to provide the same even though you are on ghost mode. Not all friends will be able to see your live location when you turn this option on. But the live location can only be available and seen by the requested person or friend.
Location Sharing Settings:
There’s another amazing feature about which you should know. Now if you don’t wish someone in particular or some group of people to see your live location then here’s what you can do.
For that, you don’t need to go private by switching on the ghost mode but only deny that individual or that group of people from seeing the live location.
You can do that without switching on the ghost mode but follow the simple steps down below:
- Open the Snapchat application on your device.
- In the top left, you’ll find your profile icon. Click on it to get into your profile page.
- Scroll down to find the Snap Map. Select it to enter the My Location page.
- Now once you’re in, if you’re on ghost mode, swipe left to turn it off. When you’re turning it off you’ll find Snapchat providing you with three options with whom you want to share your location.
- The first option i.e My friends enables you to share your location with all your Snapchat friends.
- But if you don’t want someone among your friends to see your live location you can choose the second option i.e. My friends, Except… to deny them from seeing it.
The third option is for those who want only some group or some particular friends to know about their live location. For that select the third option i.e only these friends.
The Bottom Lines:
This article explained the steps or indications that you have to look onto in order to check if someone is on the ghost mode and these steps will help you find out that.
- How to Set a Status on Snapchat? – Create Status
- How to Check Explore Activity on Snapchat? – What’s It?
- How to Join and Leave a Private Story on Snapchat?
- Snapchat Private Story – What Others will Know? – Find Out
- Remove Someone from Snapchat without Them Knowing
- See Hidden Snaps or Photos in Snapchat – Working Ways
- Unsave or Delete Messages on Snapchat other person saved
- Snapchat ‘Last seen’ is not Updating – FIX
- How can I Know the Number of Friends on Snapchat?
- [Working] – Remove Multiple Friends on Snapchat At Once