Your Quick Answer:
- There can be multiple reasons for the Pinterest board to disappear, such as the owner of the post has removed all the posts, and hence, the board disappeared.
- Secondly, you may have saved the pins or boards that are not according to Pinterest’s terms & policy, and hence, Pinterest removed the board.
- Temporary glitches in the app server can also result in inappropriate and missing activity in the app. The disappearance of boards can be the reason for technical glitches, which will automatically get fixed in some hours.
- Lastly, accidentally deleting the account or the account got hacked can surely affect the saved pins and boards. Thus, one must be very careful with the social account.
Why are the Pinterest Boards Disappeared?
Boards on Pinterest are basically an organized collection of pins. Pins are nothing but the posts on the Pinterest feed that you save. And an organized collection means, you can create a separate board for different types of pins (Posts). For example, one board for home styling, second for dress styling, third for hair styling, and so on. And all the posts related to the type can be saved under one board. Unlike Instagram, Pinterest has an organized collection of saved posts.
But, why do these Pinterest boards disappear? What can be the cause of this?
Let’s explore the reason for the disappearance of the Pinterest board in brief:
1. Board has been Removed by Pinterest:
Every platform or organization has a set of rules and regulations, which everyone using it has to follow, no matter what. Similarly, there are some sets of terms and policies on Pinterest, for rightfully using the platform. If anyone violates those rules and policies have to pay for it. The punishment for violation of rules can vary from temporary such as removal of a post to permanent such as a ban from posting on Pinterest or an account ban, etc. Hence, one should always post and save the post, that is not against the rules of Pinterest.
One of the causes of the disappearance of Pinterest can be a violation of Pinterest terms and policies. While creating the board or you may have saved the pins which have violated the rules, under the board, etc. If you have violated any rule, then, Pinterest will remove the board and it will disappear from your account.
2. The Owner Removed the Board:
On Pinterest, a collection of pins are boards and pins are nothing but the posts that other users have uploaded from their accounts on Pinterest. And, the board that you have saved in your account is the collection of these uploaded posts. What if the owner deletes or removed a post or board from his/her account? It is very simple, that posts that you have saved as the board will also get deleted or removed.
In simple words, the boards that you have saved, if the owner removes that board from Pinterest, will be removed from your collection as well. That means, will disappear from your Pinterest board. So, this can be the reason for the Pinterest boards to disappear.
3. Temporary Glitch on Pinterest:
Pinterest is a successful social platform with billions of users and a database. It is quite obvious to get a glitch in the server, due to which the functionality of the app will affect. A temporary glitch on the Pinterest app can create such disappearing issues, which is not a major issue to worry about.
If because of this the board from your Pinterest has disappeared, then, do not worry, it will reappear once the glitch is resolved. You just wait for a few hours and then, when the server is all fine, refresh the app and check, you will definitely find the disappeared boards.
4. Accidentally Deleted Pinterest Account:
Accidentally deleting your Pinterest account can put you in trouble. Many of your unsaved or recently saved data can be lost. If you have accidentally deleted the account or the board, then it will not show up in the board collection section.
You have not done this intentionally, but once deleted is difficult to restore. Hence, one must be very careful while pressing the buttons and using different options. The only solution to this is to save that board again.
5. The Account has been Hacked:
Unfortunately, it is possible that your Pinterest account can get hacked, and unusual activity may happen, then. Once someone hacked your account, the hackers can have complete access to your Pinterest account. With this, he/she can easily perform the unusual activity on all the boards and pins available on the account.
They can remove saved pins and boards without your knowledge. Hence, this can be the root cause of boards disappearing from your Pinterest. Thus, one should set a strong password that would secure your account.
Video on Pinterest Boards Tutorial:
Can you restore the Pinterest boards if deleted?
Yes, there are multiple ways to restore the deleted or lost Pinterest boards. One very effective method is cached copies on Google images. Restoring the deleted boards from cached copies available on Google images. For that, you have to open > Google, search for your Pinterest username and your missing board or pin and see if it has a cached copy on Google or not. If yes, then get it back.
🔯 Other ways are:
- “Backup”, you can find all the deleted or misplaced things related to that board in the backup.
- Try using other accounts. If you have other accounts, just log in with those and find them. Here, if the password is the obstacle, go for the password reset and login
- If nothing works out, then the last option is, on your account, search for the board, again, and ‘Follow’.
- Even, Recovery tools will also save you. Ex – GSTECH data recovery tool. Using the tools, you might find your deleted boards.