To change your IMEI number, you have to type the keys *#*#3646633#*#* or *#7465625# using your dial pad.
You can also change the IMEI number for the MTK devices using the MTK Droid tool.
You’ve to enable the USB debugging option and connect with your PC to change your original IMEI number and replace it with a new one.
For rooted devices, you can use the application Xposed Module and IMEI Changer to change your device’s IMEI number.
Before you start changing IMEI, you should know when it is illegal to change the IMEI.
If you want to change the IMEI number on Android then you can do it both for rooted and unrooted Android devices.
Without rooting, you can change the IMEI NUMBER by switching the SIM IMEI number using your phone’s dial pad.
In this article, you’ll be able to know about the useful methods that you can employ to change the IMEI number of your Android device. Here are all the techniques discussed in precise useful steps that can help you change the IMEI number of your device.
How to Change IMEI Number on Android:
There are several methods that you can use to change the IMEI number of your device without rooting it.
Below are the two best methods that you can use to change your IMEI number without rooting your device.
1. Switching the SIM IMEI:
You can switch the SIM IMEI using your phone’s dial pad to change it.
You’ll be able to perform this method of changing the IMEI number by following the guiding steps that are mentioned in detail below:
Step 1: For the first step, head on to the application section of your phone to open the dial pad by clicking on the Phone application.
Step 2: As the dial pad is opened on your screen, you need to dial either *#*#3646633#*#* or *#7465625#.
Step 3: Next, you need to click on CDS Information.
Step 4: Then you have to head on to click on Radio Information.
Step 5: Then if your Android device is with dual SIM, you’ll be given to choose between two options of IMEI_1 (SIM 1) and IMEI_2 (SIM 2).
Step 6: You’ve to select the one whose IMEI number you want to change.
Step 7: Then your screen will be flashing with a message similar to AT +EGMR=1,7,” IMEI_1” (for SIM 1) and “AT +EGMR=1,10,” IMEI_2” (for SIM 2).
Step 8: Next, you need to replace the IMEI1 and IMEI2 numbers with any other random IMEI Numbers of your wish and then click on SEND.
2. Change IMEI Number on MTK Device:
You can change the IMEI number for the MTK Devices without rooting the device. You’ve to follow certain particular steps to get it done right, this method works for non-rooted devices.
The following point has all the guiding steps that you need to perform to change the IMEI number for the MTK device:
Step 1: Check your access to the developer’s option. If you don’t have access, tap several times on the Build number to enable it.
Step 2: Next, you’ve to go back to the developer’s option and then enable the USB debugging mode.
Step 3: Connect your smartphone to your computer using a USB cable.
Step 4: Now on your computer run the MTKdroid tools as administrator.
Step 5: Next, you have to press that ROOT button to get temporary access to the root and wait until the left side small box turns green.
Step 6: To change the IMEI number you’ve to click on the IMEI/NVRAM option.
Step 7: Next, erase the old IMEI Numbers and enter the new ones then click on Replace IMEI.
Step 8: Confirm it by clicking on Yes on the next box that will flash on the screen.
How to Change the IMEI with Root:
You can use the Xposed Installed tool in order to change the IMEI with root access.
1. Using Xposed Installer and IMEI Changer:
Another method of changing the IMEI number is by using the third-party applications of Xposed Installer and IMEI changer.
To change your IMEI number using this method you need to have your android rooted, otherwise, it won’t be a success. You’ve to install the two applications Xposed installer and IMEI changer to carry on with this method.
These applications will help you change your device’s IMEI number after rooting it.
The following points have all the necessary information about the steps that you need to perform to change the IMEI number of your android device after rooting it.
Note: Before starting with the process, you need to make sure your device is rooted.
- You need to head onto the application section of your phone and click on Phone to open the dial pad of your device.
- Then you need to dial *#06# using your dial pad. You’ll be able to see that your screen is flashing with the IMEI number of your device.
- You need to write it down on paper, you can note it on your computer or remember it for future use.
- Next, you’ve to install the IMEI changer application on your phone to proceed further.
- Then, head on to the Xposed installer application and click on it to open it.
- Click on the option Modules that you’ll be able to see after you open the application of the Xposed Installer.
- You’ll be able to find the option of the IMEI Changer app. You’ve to click on the checkmark of the option.
- Now you’ll have to reboot your device. You can do it normally from your phone settings or you can take the help of the Xposed Installer application and reboot your device.
- Restart your device and then click on the IMEI Changer application to open it.
- You’ll be able to see the present IMEI Number under the box of the Current IMEI Number.
- To change it, click on the New IMEI Number box, enter the new number and then click on the Apply button in pink to save the changes that you made.
- Next, you need to reboot your device again to restart it.
To check your new IMEI number you’ve to go to your dial pad and check it by dialing *#06#.
The Bottom Lines:
This article explained all the methods that you can use to change the IMEI number of your android device. Some of these techniques can be performed on non-rooted devices and for rooted devices. You need to use third-party apps i.e. Xposed Installer and the IMEI Changer to carry on with the method in the rooted devices.
- Best IMEI Tracker Tools Online Free
- How To Track Lost Android Phone Using IMEI Number
- How To Delete Google Search History On Android & iPhone
- Best Apps To Record Video While Playing Music – Free Trial
- How To Record Video And Play Music At The Same Time
- How To Find WiFi Password With IP Address
- How To Record Screen On An Android Device
- How To View The Clipboard History On Android Phone
- Best Auto-Scroll Apps – Facebook, Google & All Chats
- How To See Exact Number Of Downloads In Play Store