Your Quick Answer:
- You can find out who has sent a text message by looking at the area code of the sender’s phone number.
- The location tracker apps also allow you to find the location of any area code. You can use the Mobile number locator app to find the location and the owner’s ID.
- If the message has been sent by any app or company you’ll be able to identify the name of the app or the company from its caller ID.
- You can also use the text messages lookup tools to find the details of the unknown number who has sent you the messages.
- You can just enter the number on the tool page and then search for its details to find the name and the background details of the owner.
You can also search for the number on Google or use any online reverse phone number lookup tools to find the owner of the number.
Try to find the owner’s details by searching it on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter LinkedIn, and Instagram.
Lastly, you can message the user directly asking him about his identity details.
How to find out who sent a text message:
Try the following methods:
1. Look and search the area code:
If you’re getting anonymous messages from unknown numbers you can trace the owner of the number from the area code. Every phone number has an area code from which you can find out the location of the number.
There are tons of third-party apps that help you to find the location of any ISD and STD codes. You can use any of these apps to know the area from where the message is being sent to you. You can even trace the caller ID of the number from the application to know the name of the SMS sender.
One of the best applications that you can use is the Mobile number location- Phone number locator application to find out the name and location of the SMS sender.
- It can point out the location of any phone number on the GPS map of the app.
- The app helps to find out the ISD and STD of any phone number.
- It can identify the scam calls and send alerts to get incoming calls from any scam number.
- It can find out the caller ID of any phone number too.
- It’s easy to use. You can download it from Google Play Store.
- It’s compatible with Androids.
- It can show the area code of the states of any country in the world.
🔴 Steps To Follow:
Step 1: Download and install the application on your device. Open it.
Step 2: Click on Continue.
Step 3: Select your country on the next page.
Step 4: Then click on Mobile Number Locator.
Step 5: Click on Area Codes (STD & ISD).
Step 6: It will show you the area codes of the states of your selected country.
Step 7: If you want to look for area codes from other countries, you can change the country by clicking on the country flag that’s at the top of the page.
Step 8: Enter a country’s name whose state’s area code you’re looking for and it will show you the area code of different states.
🏷 Steps to Look for the Name of the SMS Sender:
🔴 Steps To Follow:
Step 1: Open the application.
Step 2: Click on Continue.
Step 3: Select your country.
Step 4: Next, click on Search Number
Step 5: Enter the phone number on the next page.
Step 6: Then click on the magnifying glass icon.
Step 7: It will show the name, service provider, and the location of the phone number.
Video on How to Avoid Scammers and Scam Texts:
2. See the Company’s Caller ID:
Often anonymous messages are not sent by any users but they’re by different companies or apps.
While registering your account on any application, they often ask you to enter and verify your phone number. Later, they sent advertising SMS to your phone numbers about sales and other offers. You can identify if an SMS is sent by any app or company by seeing the caller ID of the number. These SMS are always marked with a caller ID along with the phone numbers.
Therefore, you can look at the caller ID of the sender to find out if the SMS has been sent to you from any app or company.
For instance, if an SMS is sent by Amazon or Shein, it shows its caller ID along with the number.
3. Use Text Message Lookup Tool:
You can even use a text message lookup tool to find the sender’s details when you’re getting anonymous messages. These message lookup tools can help you find the location, name, service provider, and other personal details too. They are available for free on the web. These tools are completely web-based so you don’t have to worry about their compatibility. The information provided by the text messages lookup tools is very accurate and the databases are updated from time to time to provide the latest information about any phone number.
One of the best reverse text message lookup tools is shortcodes.org.
- It’s free.
- It can track and identify any phone number that you search for within a few seconds.
- The information is accurate and updated from time to time.
- The results can show personal details like the employment status of the sender, background details, family details, records, age, state, city, etc.
- It has a smooth and user-friendly interface.
🔴 Steps To Follow:
Step 1: Click on the link below to get directed to the reverse text message lookup tool page.
Step 2: Enter the phone number on the input box.
Step 3: Next, click on the search icon.
Step 4: Within a few seconds, it will provide you with the results on the next page.
4. Search on Google:
Another possible method to find out the details of the anonymous phone number is by searching the phone number on Google. Often many SMS are sent by scammers from fake phone numbers and they get reported by the receivers too. These fake phone numbers are marked as Spam by apps and authorities so that people can know about them.
Therefore, if you search for the sender’s information on Google, you may be able to find out the background details of the owner of the number along with the name of the service provider, the location of the number, etc. If it’s a spam number, you can also get to know about it too.
5. Using Third-party Online Tool:
You can use any third-party online tool to search for the details of the anonymous text sender by phone number. These tools are the reverse phone number lookup tools that can help you find out all the details about the owner of any phone number.
One of the best phone number lookup tools that you can use is the FreePhoneTracer.
- This is a reverse phone number lookup tool that’s available for free on the web.
- It can provide you the information about the carrier, line type, and location of any number for free.
- However, if you want to know the name and other personal details about the owner of a phone number, you have to pay a very minimal price.
- The results provided by the tool are very accurate.
🔴 Steps To Follow:
Step 1: Click on the link below to open the tool. https://www.freephonetracer.com/
Step 2: Next, enter the unknown phone number on the input box and click on Find Now!
Step 3: It will display the details about the owner of the phone number.
You can also try the following methods:
1. Search on Social Media Platform:
You can try another method of searching on the social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter to find the owner of the phone number.
You need to search for the number on the search box of the social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram then see if any profile comes up in the results.
You can also search on LinkedIn too to find out if the anonymous number belongs to any profile or company. If it belongs to any company, then the company page would show up on the search results and then you can be sure about its owner from there.
2. Asking the User Directly:
You can even message the number directly to ask the user about this identity. This is the direct method that can help you know about the identity of the user.
You can put together a text asking for the owner’s identity in very polite language and send it to him. But if he chooses not to reply to your message, you can try the above methods to know about the owner’s details.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How to trace a text message from an unknown number?
Yes, you can trace the owner of the unknown number using the online text message lookup tools. These tools provide owners’ details along with the name of the service provider, carrier detail, like type, etc. Most of these tools are free and as they’re web-based, you’ll be able to use them on any device.
2. How to track a location of a text message?
You can track the location of any text message by tracing the location of the sender’s phone number. The location of any phone number can be tracked easily using the location tracker apps that are available on the Google Play Store and App Store. Many of these are free and provide accurate details too.
- 5 Best Scam Phone Number Lookup Apps
- How To Revive Laptop Battery Li-ion
- What Are The Signs Of Text Scam or Spot Fake Text Messages
- How To Run iOS Apps On Windows 10 Free
- How To Download Protected Images From Website
- Best Corrupted Photo Recovery Tools Online
- How To Decrease Size Of Image – In Paint
- How To Find Out Who Sent A Text Message
- How To Trace A TextNow Number – TextNow Lookup
- Laptop Alarm Clock That Works In Sleep Mode in MAC