Your Quick Answer:
- To see someone’s location on Snapchat on ghost mode, you’ll need to check the snap stories of the user and see if there’s any tagged location in the stories or not. These location tags on snap stories are added when the user puts filters on the picture before posting it.
- You can also send the location request to the user to know about his location. If the user accepts your location request, his location will be visible to you for a certain time.
- Spying for the user’s location from the stories posted on other social media profiles is another way of finding the location.
- Location tags can be added to Facebook and Instagram stories. If you can see the stories of the user on Facebook or Instagram, look for the location tag on it to know about his location.
- Posts uploaded on Facebook and Instagram can also help you find the location of the user.
- You can even use a mobile tracking application or online tool to track the location of the user. However, to do that, you need to know the phone number of the user.
- If none of this helps, ask the user directly for his location via DMs.
How to see someone’s location on Snapchat on Ghost mode?
There are these following methods that you must try:
1. Seeing the Snapchat Stories:
When someone is on ghost mode on Snapchat, you won’t be able to see the person’s location on the Snap map of Snapchat. However, if you still want to find the location of the user who’s in ghost mode, you’ll need to use certain indirect methods to get to know about it.
If you’re friends with someone on Snapchat, you’ll be able to see their snap stories. Often before posting stories, the users put filters on the snaps which can sometimes show the location of the user where he has clicked the picture. Therefore, even if the person is in ghost mode, you’ll be able to find the person’s location from the location tagged in the snap story. Thus, you can check the stories of the user to find out his current location.
Even if you don’t find any location tagged in the snap stories, you can always try to identify the place or the venue on the snap story and then search it up on Google to find the location of the user.
You can see the snap stories by heading to the stories section of Snapchat and then swiping through the different stories to find the one that you’re searching for.
2. Requesting Location on Snapchat:
When someone is on ghost mode on Snapchat, you can still request the person to share his location with you. This basically means that the person would be specifically sharing his location with you on the DM and it won’t be visible to anybody else other than you. The person will stay on ghost mode but for a selected period, you’ll be able to see the live location of the user on the snap map which will be sent to you via DM.
Therefore, after you send the location request to the person, it’s totally up to the user if he wants to share his location with you or not. If he shares the location, you’ll be able to know his current location but if he doesn’t, you’ll have to move on to other ways to find it out.
Snapchat allows three different options while sharing live locations. A live location when shared with someone specifically can be shared for 15 minutes, 1 hour, or 8 hours. While sharing the location, the user would have to make his choice about the time for which he wants to share his live location. After the time gets over, the live location that was being shared will end automatically.
Here are the steps you need to follow to send a location request on Snapchat:
🔴 Steps To Follow:
Step 1: Open Snapchat.
Step 2: Log in to your account.
Step 3: Get into your profile page and then click on My Friends.
Step 4: Next, search for the friend’s name and click on it.
Step 5: It will open the chat screen. Click on the friend’s bitmoji icon that’s at the top left of the chat screen.
Step 6: It will take you to the profile page of the user.
Step 7: Click on Share My Live Location.
Step 8: Confirm your account by clicking Choose a duration.
Video on How to Turn On Ghost Mode on Snapchat Map:
3. Seeing Stories on Facebook & Instagram:
If the user has other social media accounts, you can stalk those to see the stories he uploads from time to time to know about his location. Both on Instagram and Facebook, users can upload stories and most of the time, they add the location tag long with time and date. However, in some situations, the stories are not available to be viewed unless you’re friends with the user on Facebook or follow him on Instagram.
This happens when the user has a locked or private profile. In that case, you need to first add the user to your friend list or follow list and then stalk the person’s profile after he accepts the friend request or follow request.
4. Latest Social Media Post:
If you don’t find the location on stories, you can stalk the person’s Facebook or Instagram profile to see the latest post. This is another indirect way that can help you find the location of any user.
Users on Facebook post pictures tagging the location or venue of where it’s clicked.
This helps other users know about their location.
Even on Instagram, users can add the location tag that’s visible on the top of the picture of any post. This helps in knowing the location of the user.
5. Use a Location Tracking Tool:
If you happen to know the phone number of the Snapchat user then you can use any mobile number tracking tool to find his location. There are plenty of tools available online that can help you find the real-time location using a phone number. You can also use a location tracking application that shows real-time location using a GPS map. These apps can be downloaded from Google Play Store or App Store.
One of the best location tracking applications is the Live Mobile Number Tracker App. It uses a GPS map to pinpoint the location of any number.
🔯 Live Mobile Number Tracker App:
- The application is very accurate and can help in knowing the exact location of any user.
- It allows you to see the caller ID of any number to verify the owner’s name.
- It shows the registered location.
- It sends fraud alerts too.
- The app has a nice interface and is easy to use.
- It’s available on Google Play Store and it’s only compatible with Androids.
🔴 Steps To Follow:
Step 1: Install the Live Mobile Number Tracker App from the google play store and open the application.
Step 2: Click on the START button and then click on ‘ALLOW ACCESS’ option.
Step 3: Next, Click on the NUMBER TRACKER option and then enter the phone number on the search box and click on ‘LOCATE’ button.
Step 4: Next, click on TRACK ON MAP option.
It will show you the exact location of the phone number.
It will even show the owner’s name and registered location on a box.
6. Asking the Person Directly:
Lastly, if none of the above methods are working for you, you can take the help of the direct way of asking the person about his location. You can send a message on Snapchat asking the user about his location details and mention the reason why you’re willing to know about this. Make sure you’re using a polite and clear way of expressing yourself so that you can convince the user to let you know about his location. If he agrees to reveal his location to you, he may choose to share his live location with you on the snap map too.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Can you see someone’s location on Snapchat if they are in Ghost mode?
No, when anybody is on ghost mode, their location wouldn’t be available on the snap map. However, you can still send them location requests to see the location of the user. If the person shares the location with you, only you’ll be able to see it and nobody else as he’s in ghost mode.
2. Does Ghost mode show your last location?
No, the snap map only shows the last active time or last location when you’re not on ghost mode. When you turn on ghost mode, your location on the map freezes for you and it disappears for others on the snap map. No one else would be able to find your location on the map although you being on ghost mode would be able to see the location of the other friends on the snap map.
- Can You Recover Deleted Snapchat Account?
- How To Reopen A Snap More Than Twice
- How To Join A Private Story On Snapchat
- How To Stop Someone From Adding You To Snapchat Group
- How To Reset Instagram Password Without Email
- How To Send A Picture From Camera Roll As A Snap
- How To Hide Conversations On Snapchat
- How Long Do Snap Map Stories Last
- How To Change Your Avatar On Snapchat?
- How To Tell If Someone Unadded You On Snapchat
- If You Block Someone On Snapchat Can They Still See Your Messages
- Why Can’t I See My Friends Bitmoji On Snapchat?
- How To See Snapchat Conversation History Without Them Knowing
- How To Get Someone To Unblock You On Snapchat
- How To Add Someone On Snapchat By Phone Number
- How To Send A Blank Message – On Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat
- How To Login To Snapchat – With or Without Username
- How To Find Snapchat Accounts Linked To Phone Number?
- Can You See Who Someone Is Snapchatting With?
- How to Remove/Unadd People on Snapchat Fast at Once