Your Quick Answer:
- If you can’t add music to your Facebook profile or story then there are different reasons, either your Facebook app is not functioning or you are trying from a device that does not support that feature.
- Although, there is Facebook support where you can let them know the bug if that is only on your account, and the Facebook team will soon resolve the issue.
- If you are trying from your PC then you might be missing a lot more features that are available on the Facebook app or Facebook lite which means you could not do many more things on Facebook for desktop.
- To fix if you can’t add music to your Facebook profile then, first of all, you have to go to the play store and update your Facebook app if the latest version is available.
- However, you can also clear the cache of your Facebook app and then restart the app again.
- If you can’t add music to your Facebook story then you have to switch to your mobile device and open the Facebook app and then tap on the ‘Create story‘ option and then upload any music by tapping on the ‘Music‘ option.
If you want to add music directly from your PC then follow the guide to add music to your Facebook Profile.
There are some simple steps if you want to auto-play songs on your Facebook profile.
In this article, you will get some identical solutions to this issue if you are unable to add music to your Facebook and just follow those in order to solve the issue on your Facebook account.
Fix Facebook Music Story Not Showing
If you want to fix the music uploading issue to your story,
- Then firstly, if you’re on PC just switch to Mobile.
- Next, open the Facebook app on your mobile.
- On the top section, tap on the “Create story”.
- This will open a few blocks, just tap on the ‘Music’ option.
- Now upload your music from your device.
If you’re having issues then you can just uninstall Facebook App and then reinstall it again.
How to Fix – Can’t Add Music to Facebook Profile
Facebook provides its users with a feature that allows them to add music to their profile. But if you’re one of them facing issues with not having the option “Music” then we are here to provide you with the techniques or methods that you can perform to have that option. You can perform either of these techniques and see which of these is helping you to get the “Music” option in your Facebook profile.
1. Clear Facebook Cache:
Clearing Facebook cache can help you with getting the “Music” option to your profile. It just requires you to perform some simple steps and it will be done. The cache is often a cause of Facebook misbehaving.
- First, it requires you to open the “Settings” application on your phone.
- Then scroll down and head on to the option “Apps and permission”. Clicking on it will lead to the next page where you’ll find the option of “App manager” as the first option of the page. Click on it to continue with this method.
- After you get into the “App Manager” page, you will find all your system applications arranged in some sort of way. From the list of applications find “Facebook” and click on it.
- Clicking on the Facebook option will take you to the next page. There you’ll find the option “Storage” or “Internal storage”. Clicking on it you’ll find the option clear cache. Click and select it and your work will be done.
Now you can check if after clearing the Facebook cache you have got the “Music” option to your profile. If it has not worked you can try the next method.
2. Updating the Facebook App:
If you’re not getting the music option then there are some chances that you are not using the updated version of the Facebook application. You can update the application from the Google Play store if you’re using an android phone. The simple steps below will help you with the step-by-step guidance.
- Open the Google Play Store application on your device.
- On the home page itself just at the top center position, you’ll find a search box.
- Tap on it and write “Facebook” then search for the application. Play store will display to you the Facebook application.
- If your application is not updated, you’ll find the option “Update” on the right side of the displayed Facebook application. Clicking on it will update the app.
- When the application gets updated to the latest version, you’ll find the “Open” option in the same place where you had seen the “Update” option some minutes ago. Click on it and check if you find the “Music” option after updating the application.
Still haven’t got the option of “Music” in your profile…? Try the next the following method.
3. Go to m.facebook.com from PC:
Here is another method that you can apply and see if it helps you in getting the music option in your Facebook profile. You can log in to your account from your desktop or laptop and check if you can add music to your Facebook profile from there.
For a step-by-step guide, you can look up the following points below:
- First of all, open m.facebook.com from your chrome browser.
- In the first box of the login page, you need to provide your email or phone number that is linked with your Facebook account. In the second box, fill it up with your account’s password and click on the blue login button below the box to get into your account.
- After getting into your account, in the top section, you’ll find your profile icon with your name on its side. Click on it to get to your profile page.
- Scroll down below to find the option “Music” which you’ll get below the options of live videos, photos /videos, and live events. Click on it to add music.
4. Uninstall and Re-install the Facebook App:
This is a method that you can try to get the “Music” option to your Facebook account. You can perform both the actions of uninstalling and reinstalling Facebook in the Google Play store itself.
Follow the steps below to re-install Facebook:
- Open Play Store on your device.
- Search for the Facebook app in the search box.
- When the result is displayed click on the name of the application or on the logo to get into the next page.
- On this page you’ll find two options – uninstall and open. Click on uninstall to uninstall the app from your device.
- Now for reinstalling the application, you will find the option “install” appearing immediately in place of “open” after you have uninstalled the application. Click on it to install the Facebook application again.
- After the completion of the installation process, click on “open” to use the application.
- Now you will find the application is asking you to login into your account.
- Login by filling up the boxes with the right phone no. Or email address and with the correct password.
After a successful login session, you need to check if you have got the music option on Facebook. If still, you haven’t got the “Music” option there might be a bug that needs to be reported.
5. Let Facebook Know about this Bug:
If all the above options have not shown any positive result in getting you the “Music” option to your Facebook profile then it’s time we inform Facebook about the problem. You need to use the “Report a problem” feature that you will get in the “Settings” section of Facebook.
Follow these steps below to get to the report section:
- After opening the Facebook application on your device, you need to click on the three-line symbol which you’ll find at the top right side of the page.
- On the new page, you’ll find the option “Help and support” after scroll down. Tapping on it will provide you with other sub-options.
- From those sub-options choose the option “Report a problem”.
- On the new page, they will provide you with two choices. Choose the second one “Something went wrong”.
- Fill up the form flashing on your screen. Choose a category of your problem.
- Describe the problem on the following page and you can also attach a screenshot of your missing option. Then report it by clicking “Submit”.
- Your problem will be solved after reporting it to Facebook.
The Bottom Lines:
This article explained the different ways that can fix if you are unable to add music to your Facebook profile or story and follow the steps that are shown in this article and you will definitely be able to upload the music on your Facebook profile.
- Please enter a valid phone number on Facebook [FIXED]
- Download Facebook Locked Profile Picture Online
- How to Fix Facebook Dark Mode is not Working?
- How to Fix ‘Confirm Your Identity’ on Facebook?
- How to Recover Suspended Facebook Account?
- How to Fix if Facebook Two-Factor Authentication Code not Received?
- This account is also logged into Facebook on this device – FIXED
- How to Unlink Facebook from Instagram?
- How to Poke Someone on Facebook?
- How to Recover your Facebook Account without Email or Phone?