Your Quick Answer:
- Live videos on Facebook disappear from the profile due to several reasons.
- Facebook users often face the issue where they can’t find the videos of the live session on their profile and it simply disappears, preventing the audience from watching the live session even after it is over.
- Live videos disappear when they’re manually deleted by the owner of the profile.
- Sometimes, the account user deletes the live videos by mistake which is why they can’t be found on Facebook. But by requesting Facebook, it might be restored.
- If the live videos get auto-deleted by Facebook, you can change the Settings to Never Delete so that; Facebook doesn’t delete the live sessions automatically after 30 days.
- In case the video has been taken down by Facebook, you need to claim restoration of it by launching a report to Facebook to review the situation again.
There are certain ways in order to recover deleted live Facebook videos.
In this article, you’ll be able to know the different reasons why your live videos disappear and ways to restore them on Facebook.
Why Did Live Videos on Facebook Disappear?
There are several reasons why your live videos disappear from Facebook. Let’s look at these below:
1. Uploader Manually Deleted
Facebook live videos disappear from Facebook when they are manually deleted by owners. Facebook has this policy where once a live session is conducted from a Facebook profile, it stays on the profile page. Viewers who have missed the live session can view it from the profile.
However, some users face a common issue where they can’t find a live video on the Facebook page after the session ends. You should know that when you’re not able to see a live video after the session ends on the profile page of an account, it’s probably because the user has taken down the video. If the owner of the account manually deletes the live session video, no one else will be able to view it again on Facebook.
It’s also possible that the video has been deleted manually by the owner but by mistake which is why you’re not being able to see it anymore.
2. Auto-delete after 30 Days
During these thirty days sessions, viewers who have missed the live session or want to see the live video can watch it from Facebook by visiting the user profile. Once the 30 days get over, the live video would get automatically deleted by Facebook.
As the policy was set to auto-deletion of old videos, Facebook would delete the old live videos that complete 30 days, without notifying the user too. After the live video gets deleted by Facebook, neither the audience nor the owner of the account would be able to see it again.
3. Facebook Removes Videos for Violations
When you cannot find a live video on Facebook and it has not passed even 30 days, the video may have been taken down by Facebook due to the deletion of any policies.
Facebook, to maintain the integrity and reliability of the platform, follows highly strict policies and guidelines when it comes to content. If any live video has hurt the sentiments or has been reported to Facebook as offensive, Facebook reviews the situation and it gets taken down immediately.
Live videos on Facebook can be reported by its audience during the session itself. If any live video gets reported by many users for being spam, inappropriate or Facebook can look into the matter and delete the live session.
If any user holding a live session violates any of Facebook’s policies and guidelines or gets reported by viewers during the session the video gets taken down by Facebook immediately and it doesn’t appear to the audience anymore. Simultaneously, the user would receive a notification where Facebook would state the cause of taking down the live video.
What to Do to Fix this Issue on Facebook?
Here are some of the solutions that you try out to get your live video back. Let’s lookout at these:
1. Request to Facebook
In case, if a live video has been deleted by the owner mistakenly, you can send the request to Facebook to restore it. To do that, you can either send mails to Facebook support to request the recovery of the video back on Facebook or look at the Facebook Help Center to see if you find any helpful solution there.
You’ve to state all the details of the issue you’re facing in clear language so that the Facebook community can be convinced to restore your video. If you’ve deleted a video by mistake, Facebook may have it in its record from where it could be restored. Therefore, try reaching out to the Facebook Community to request it back.
2. Change settings
You can also change the settings of your account to prevent the auto-deletion of your live videos. As on Facebook, the live videos get auto-deleted after 30 days, the audiences won’t be able to watch or view the live sessions anymore once it passes the thirty days time period. However, if you change the settings to Never delete, then it would prevent the automatic deletion of live videos.
Auto delete of the live videos is the default setup that Facebook follows when it comes to removing your live video after 30 days.
But here are a few ways to prevent this:
- You can deactivate your whole account and then reactivate it before 30 days so that the live videos don’t get deleted automatically by Facebook.
- You can even move the live video into the trash and then undo it before 30 days. Trash items don’t get deleted before 30 days, therefore to prevent the auto-deletion of your live videos, you can remove the video from the trash before 30 days.
- If you change the auto delete Settings to Never Delete, then Facebook will not delete the live videos automatically after 30 days. Rather it will only get deleted if the account owner does it manually.
3. Claim Restoration
If Facebook has taken down your live video for violations, you can claim restoration. If you’re sure that you’ve not violated any policy, you need to Report a Problem to Facebook claiming the restoration of the deleted live videos.
After you send the request, Facebook would look after the matter to review the situation. If it finds out that your live session wasn’t harmful or offensive and the video has been taken down illegally, it would restore your video on your profile.
Note: If Facebook finds it to be violating its policies and guidelines or is offensive to a section of audiences, Facebook would decline your request for restoration.
Here are the steps to report a problem on Facebook:
Step 1: Open the Facebook application.
Step 2: You’ll need to click on the three horizontal lines to proceed to the next page.
Step 3: Scroll down to find the option Help & support. Click on it.
Step 4: You’ll need to click on Report a Problem.
Step 5: Then click on Continue to Report a problem.
Step 6: You can either include a screenshot or exclude.
Step 7: Now, tap on Live.
Step 8: You’ll need to describe the issue in a clear manner to claim restoration of your live session and then submit the report.
The Bottom Lines:
This article explained the reasons for which Facebook live videos disappear from the profile as well as provided here the solutions to recover them back.
Live videos disappear when the user deletes them manually, gets auto-deleted after 30 days, or is taken down by Facebook due to the violation of policies or guidelines. You can get it back by requesting Facebook to restore the video, changing the auto-deletion Settings to Never Delete.
- How to Fix ‘Confirm Your Identity’ on Facebook?
- How to Recover Suspended Facebook Account?
- How to Fix if Facebook Two-Factor Authentication Code not Received?
- This account is also logged into Facebook on this device – FIXED
- How to Unlink Facebook from Instagram?
- How to Poke Someone on Facebook?
- How to Recover your Facebook Account without Email or Phone?
- How to Make All Photos Private On Facebook at Once?
- How to Hide and Unhide Messages on Facebook Messenger?
- How to See Who Viewed Your Featured Photos on Facebook?