Your Quick Answer:
If you’re just trying to follow too many people or liking too many posts on TikTok subsequently then you might face this error that says ‘You’re tapping too fast. Take a break!’.
The issue happens due to the protection policy of TikTok and if you’re seeing this type of error this causes you to prevent the bot attacks or limit your activities for a temporary period of time. This is not a permanent freeze.
If you just tap on the heart icon on TikTok posts you will see the blank icon will fill the heart icon with red. But, instead, if you see ‘You’re tapping too fast. Take a break!’ message then you have definitely done this too many times for too many posts that you must ignore doing repeatedly.
If you see TikTok is showing ‘You’re tapping too fast. Take a break!’ then you have followed or liked too many posts of too many people. In order to get rid of tapping too fast on TikTok, you just have to report them from the and for that just go to the ‘Settings and Privacy’ and choose the ‘Report a problem’ to inform the TikTok support team about the issue.
Most commonly this issue will resolve within 30 minutes to 1 Hr after reporting. But, this depends on certain things for how long the issue stays on TikTok.
In this article, I will explain more about this issue ‘You’re tapping too fast. Take a break!’ and will provide a handful of tips that can resolve the problem.
Why Does TikTok show ‘You’re tapping too fast. Take a break!’?
First of all, this message is shown to only a particular account that violates TikTok’s policy and if your account comes under the policy violation you’re definitely going to see this.
There are several reasons why TikTok can show you this error on your Account and if this thing is due to too many likes then this will take a few hours to get rid of. These are the probable reasons why TikTok displays this error message:
- If you tend to like multiple video posts without viewing them completely, you will find this message popping up on the screen.
- Social media bots get developed to increase the number of followers. TikTok considers you as a social media bot. Thus if too many requests come from a particular account on the TikTok server then you will see an error on the account.
- Consistently new accounts get created to boost popularity. TikTok does not trust recently created accounts and thus blocks them from getting on the For You Page by continually sending such error messages.
More, when you go on commenting without a pause, TikTok considers your comments as spammy and blocks you from spamming.
“You’re tapping too fast” How long does it last?
This issue of getting blocked on likes and follows stays depending on several reasons and if you’re not aware of these things let’s know more about this.
1. This lasts for 30 Minutes for Old TikTok Users:
If this issue is an old account, definitely you have gained a lot more authority over your account and the popularity that TikTok takes into count while placing any limit on your account.
Well, it depends on the time when the TikTok account was created, and the number of social media posts. Usually, this error message can last for about 30 minutes. If you keep the app closed for 30 minutes, the error should get fixed.
2. This can last from hours up to 3 days for New TikTok Users:
That’s because there are lots of accounts made every day and many of those tend to come out fake just to generate fake likes and followers in order to protect the TikTok algorithm, they put a hold on accounts that are liking or following too many people consistently.
This error message can last longer (a few hours to three days) for new accounts. It is because the social media app doesn’t trust new account holders.
If you share a decent number of videos or have been using the app for a few days, it stays for Short periods. It is because the social media app trusts old users.
How to Get Rid of Tapping Too Fast on TikTok?
There are many ways you can get rid of this tapping too fast issue on TikTok and majorly the two ways are there that can help you fix the error.
1. From the For You Page on TikTok:
First of all, you need to launch the app and open it on your smartphone. Find yourself on the landing page of TikTok i.e. the For You Page.
Step 1: Navigate to your profile page. Tap on the ‘Me’ tab to go to profile.
Step 2: Tap on the three-dots icon, then click on the Privacy button.
Step 3: Next, you need to click on the Settings option.
Step 4: Scroll down to the TikTok digital wellbeing option. It gets symbolized by the umbrella design.
Step 5: Enter the existing password. Scroll down to the bottom.
Step 6: Turn off the ‘Screen Time Management’ option.
2. Report Problem to TikTok:
If you’re just seeing the error on TikTok you can fix this just by reporting the issue to TikTok, just follow the steps:
🔴 Steps To Follow:
Step 1: First of all, open your TikTok profile and go to the ‘Settings and privacy’ and tap on the ‘Report a problem’.
Step 2: Next, from the ‘Feedback and help’ just tap on ‘Follow/Like/Comment’.
Now, tap on the option ‘Tapping too fast’ and explain the problem to TikTok and submit.
The issue will get resolved within the next 30 minutes to 1hr.
There are alternative ways by which you can get rid of this issue. You can clear the cache memory of the device. It will help the app and files to load faster as you open the app after some time.
Why Does TikTok ask to Take a break and show errors?
If you just consistently follow random people and like all posts one-by-one without even viewing them properly then you could get hit by TikTok’s spam detection algorithm. There are a few more reasons that TikTok shows you the error, ‘You’re tapping too fast. Take a break‘
TikTok has its own algorithm to deal with spam or bot attacks and in order to safeguard its server from getting fake likes or followers for the users, TikTok bans those accounts that are suspected to be fake or new. There are some of the reasons why TikTok asks users to take a break, which listed below:
- Fake TikTok accounts get created to boost popularity and for automation purposes. When a user likes multiple video posts without completely viewing them, the social media app considers it to be a bot. It prevents you from liking or commenting on posts for a short while.
- When you like multiple videos at a time, TikTok spam likes. It is because the app’s algorithm takes you to be a bot and it affects your commenting or posting on the app. In other words, TikTok detects spammers and bots using its specialized algorithm.
The Bottom Lines:
In this article, the reasons are shown for those who’re seeing the Tapping Too Fast error on TikTok. However, if it does not get solved within 30 minutes, you can just report the issue to TikTok by following the steps I mentioned above.
- How To Save TikTok Video Without Posting
- How To See Your Oldest Liked Videos On TikTok
- How to Find Phone Number from Someone’s TikTok Account
- How To Fix If TikTok Removed Sound
- How To Find Out Who Made A Fake TikTok Account
- How To Find Location Of TikTok User – Location Finder
- How To Delete TikTok Video Posts
- How Long Does The Your Tapping Too Fast On TikTok Last
- Can Police Track A TikTok Account?
- How To Recover Deleted TikTok Messages