You may face the ‘This sound isn’t available on TikTok’ issue.
TikTok would not mute your videos if you’re using music from the server or have not violated any rules.
Most commonly the TikTok algorithm is set by some bots that block users from posting videos from their accounts. That’s the basic thing to know.
Now, if that happened to you and if you see that TikTok muted your videos then you can restore those videos by contacting TikTok help support and if you’ve not violated anything then your videos will be back to normal.
Sometimes even if you upload a video from your own sound, TikTok could detect that as copyright, and on that basis, they just mute the video, which can be restored by describing to the support team about the fact.
If you want to just ignore such issues or fix the TikTok muted videos, then just go and first upload the music and add it to your favorites on TikTok making it private, and then try shooting a video using that sound from the sound section and the issue might be gone.
This article will explain the methods to fix the muted videos on TikTok and the other precautions to take in order to avoid such issues in the future.
Why did TikTok remove your sound?
There might be many reasons that could mute TikTok videos like community guidelines and other things, many are described below:
1. Due to Copyright Content:
The reason why TikTok muted your video is that it has copyright content. The app takes this copyright content as a serious issue.
Content that copyright, cannot be posted on TikTok because the owner has possibly not made it available for your country or region.
TikTok automatically detects copyright content. If auto-detected, your video will be muted or will be prevented from posting by TikTok.
If your TikTok account is related to a business, the app will not allow you to use commercially available songs and sounds.
This may also be one of the reasons that TikTok has muted your video.
To use commercial audios in your video content you need to change the settings of your account from business account to personal account.
2. Not available in Region:
Another reason that might mute your TikTok videos would be the countryside unavailability of that video and this is because the uploader of the video has not made it available in your region.
3. Could be a Technical Error:
A possible reason could also be because of a technical issue with the TikTok app which may be temporary and may be resolved in some time. You can just restart your device or uninstall and then reinstall the app to solve this technical problem.
Another reason could be that the TikTok app that you are using is not an updated version. Visit your App Store and update your TikTok app.
How to Fix if TikTok Muted your Video?
The owner of the media has not made it available in your country or for free use.
You have some ways to try if that is a bug or can be fixed with these tricks.
Here are two methods: (i) The Direct method, and (ii) using a third-party tool.
1. Upload your Sound without Copyright issues
- Start by re-uploading your video on TikTok.
- The first thing you need to do is open your TikTok app and tap on the ‘Add‘ option.
- Next tap on the ‘Upload‘ button.
- After this step, there is an option of cropping the video, if you wish to cut it short then for your video you can do it here.
- You should make it first ‘Private‘.
- The tap on the ‘Add to Favorites‘ option to add it to sound.
- Your video will be in the ‘Sound‘ section. Tap in the ‘Sound‘ option to add sound to your video.
- Tap on the ‘Shoot with this sound‘ option to use that music.
After selecting the volume of your video to zero just upload the video. Your video will be uploaded without any copyright error.
2. Using a third-party tool
- Make a note of the audio that has been used in the video details of which is given next to the music ‘🎵’ icon on the video.
- Search this audio either from Google or YouTube or another third-party tool that allows you to add music to videos like InShot. Just download, and save it to your device.
- Open your TikTok app and tap on the add option ‘+’ and tap on ‘upload’ and select the file you have downloaded.
- If you want to crop the sound according to the video, tap on ‘Next’ and select the volume to a full sound.
- Tap on ‘Next’ and upload your video and your video is uploaded without any copyright error.
That’s all you’ve to follow.
Tips to Avoid getting Muted on TikTok
- Apart from following these steps make sure you are using the latest and updated version of the TikTok app.
- You can also keep the content of your video as short as possible to avoid copyright issues.
- You can take permission from the content holder in order to avoid getting muted. You can also try and modify the original audio content like remix or mashup.
- You can also avoid getting muted by attributing the owner of the music that you are using in your video.
What Does it mean to be Muted on TikTok Live?
Firstly the reason is the copyright issue – This is the most probable reason.
The owner of the audio if has not made it available in your country or region, it’s blocked.
This is the reason the app TikTok automatically mutes you to protect copyright law. TikTok faces this music copyright issue, which is why you are unable to link sound to your video.
- Also, this could be that your device’s volume may be on mute, which is why you appear to be muted when you are live on TikTok.
- Another reason is that maybe your device is connected to a Bluetooth device. Someone has muted you by blocking you. Though you will not be notified of it, you will be muted for the people who block you.
- The reason could be a technical issue with the TikTok app which may be temporary and may be resolved in some time. You can just restart your device or uninstall and then reinstall the app to solve this technical problem.
The Bottom Lines:
The reasons that mute any TikTok video & by following those rules you can avoid getting muted to those videos. If you want to get it fixed, you follow the above methods to get the video played with music.