Facebook provides a wide range of options where users can sell and buy stuff from the marketplace, this online platform has helped to gain local audiences online. But, misusing can result in blocking the Facebook marketplace.
If you’re one of those users selling stuff using the platform of the Facebook marketplace, and if your marketplace has been blocked you can claim your marketplace access to restore it back.
Several issues like continuous cancellation of the order by seller, inappropriate images opposing the guidelines of the Facebook marketplace, etc can lead to such situations. If you have an incomplete brand registry it may also be the cause of your blocked marketplace.
But the good thing is that you can have it back which needs you to find and fix the issues that caused it, then request the Facebook help team to review to restore it.
You may have to change your product listing to have your marketplace as per Facebook standard rules.
In this article, you will know the reasons for which the Facebook marketplace got blocked. You would know the steps or methods to restore or claim your Facebook marketplace back to continue with your online business.
If that is not available, you can also find why the marketplace is not available to you on Facebook.
What are the reasons that cause Ban on Marketplace?
If you’ve got your Facebook marketplace blocked, it’s obvious that there are some definite reasons which have led to this blocking of your Facebook marketplace. So to get it back, first, you need to figure out the issues or the reasons which are the major causes, and then deal with it to resolve the problem.
The enlisted points below are the causes of the blocking of the Facebook marketplace:
Cancellation of orders: The first on the list is the mass cancellation of orders by sellers. If you’ve canceled some continuous orders recently that you’ve received from people then it might be the reason why your Facebook marketplace has been locked.
Inappropriate product Images: The second reason can be the one with uploading images that are not appropriate enough to go with the marketplace guidelines. If the images are violating some regulations, can lead Facebook to block your marketplace. Selling a wrong or defective product can also cause this issue.
Even if your product listings are not wrong, Facebook can lock your marketplace to prevent you from doing so as it might mislead the customer and cause a breach of the guidelines.
Brand Infringement: If the user has caused some kind of brand infringement, then it too can cause the marketplace account to get blocked.
How to Get Unbanned from the Facebook Marketplace?
To get unblocked on the Facebook marketplace you can try the different fixes that are mentioned below in this article.
1. Request a Claim to Restore
The first method to apply is to claim a restore of your marketplace account. For sure, there’s an issue which you need to find out to fix it first.
So to claim a restoration of your Facebook marketplace you need to perform some steps to make your appeal reach the support team which will let you know about the issue that has given rise to cause the blocking of the marketplace.
To claim your Marketplace back just submit a request,
- Open your Facebook using a PC. At the top right corner of the home screen, you’ll notice an upside-down arrow. Click on it.
- From the drop-down menu click on Help & support.
- Now click on the Report a problem option on your screen.
- You’ll find a white box with two options promoting your screen.
- Click on the second one i.e Something went wrong.
- You’ll find a form which you need to fill up to proceed with your request to the team.
- In the first row select the option Marketplace as the area of issue.
- Then in the next row, write down the details about your Facebook marketplace being blocked and request them to unblock it as soon as possible in a very polite yet clear language.
- Then click on the Submit option to send the request for the claim.
- You need to check the Support Inbox to see if they’ve replied to your request (may take upto 7 days). From their reply, you’ll get to know about the issue or the rule you have violated.
2. Fix issues on the Marketplace
When you’re trying to claim your marketplace account back from suspension, you need to fix the issues that have caused the violation of the account.
- Check for your issue in the Support inbox.
- You need to fix the issue that has led Facebook to block your marketplace so that it wouldn’t be a problem shortly. If you’ve faced issues with paperwork, resolve them using the right documents.
- If you’ve violated any of their guidelines, you need to make sure that you’ve checked the cause and made it alright using the right picture or other details which don’t oppose any of the marketplace guidelines. Remember to upload the correct product information such as rates, sizes, color, etc from the next time.
- You also need to check if the brand registry process is done and there’s no case of brand infringement anymore.
- Fulfillment of all the customers’ requirement is another issue that you need to take care of too to avoid blocking.
- You should be careful not to repeat the same mistake to avoid the blocking of your Facebook marketplace in the future. You need to be sure that all the problems or issues that have caused marketplace to be blocked, would not be a problem anymore.
You can get your account unblocked after you’ve rectified all the issues.
3. Change your Product Listing
You have to relist your product to get your marketplace account unblocked.
Most of the time, the inappropriate products which are not allowed to be sold on the Facebook marketplace platform, can block the account if you do so. Those types of products should be kept off the list to avoid any future problems.
For the ultimate step, you need to relist your products accordingly so that it doesn’t violate the guidelines or any conditions of the marketplace.
- If you find that your products don’t come under the allowed items to be sold then include that one.
- Use a different SKU code for the products that were delisted to relish it back. But the product should not violate any of the guidelines while you’re relisting it.
If all these steps are performed accordingly, and you’ve manually solved and taken care of the other issues that were causing the violation of the marketplace guidelines and was the ultimate reason why your account got blocked, then you would get your account back soon and can continue with your business without any other violation.
How long is a temporary block on the Facebook Marketplace?
Facebook can block your marketplace due to various reasons. So for the period, you won’t be able to use the platform to carry on with any business.
They might block your account temporarily and will unblock after the appeal or fixation of the issues. The temporary block of the Facebook marketplace may last for a minimum few hours but they can even last as long as 21days to penalize you for your deed.
The period of suspension or blocking of the Facebook marketplace varies depending upon the issue and it can be claimed back after appeal or request to the support team.
It goes in step by step and the period of suspension increases with every warning. For the initial warning, your Facebook marketplace may be blocked temporarily for some hours or a day, but with the increase in the number of warnings, they can block your Facebook marketplace account for as long as 21 days or even 30 days.
The Bottom Lines:
This article explains that what are the reasons that cause the marketplace issues and why it is blocked for some users. Then you can choose from the solutions that are explained in this article in order to unblock your Facebook marketplace.
- Please enter a valid phone number on Facebook [FIXED]
- Download Facebook Locked Profile Picture Online
- How to Fix Facebook Dark Mode is not Working?
- How to Fix ‘Confirm Your Identity’ on Facebook?
- How to Recover Suspended Facebook Account?
- How to Fix if Facebook Two-Factor Authentication Code not Received?
- This account is also logged into Facebook on this device – FIXED
- How to Unlink Facebook from Instagram?
- How to Poke Someone on Facebook?
- How to Recover your Facebook Account without Email or Phone?