Your Quick Answer:
To backdate Instagram posts, you can delete the Instagram post completely from Instagram, then you can upload the Instagram post again with a new date.
There are some third-party apps that you can try to backdate Instagram posts by scheduling any post. You can also archive the post to remove the post from the posts section and highlight it in the archive section.
How To Backdate A Post On Instagram:
You have the following methods to backdate any Instagram post:
1. Using Third-Party App
You have to follow the below steps with the use of third-party apps:
🔴 Steps To Follow:
Step 1: Download and install a third-party app that allows you to schedule Instagram posts to publish at a particular time, i.e. Hootsuite.
Step 2: Schedule your post for the desired date and time using Hootsuite’s scheduling feature.
When it’s time for the post to go live, Hootsuite will send you a notification.
Step 3: Open Hootsuite and follow the prompts to publish the post on Instagram.
That will be the latest date of that post and for any previous version of that post, you have to remove it manually.
2. Delete & Upload Post Again on Instagram
You can use the following steps to delete and repost an Instagram post to backdate it:
Step 1: Tap the “Profile” icon on your Instagram’s “Home” page.
Step 2: Once you’re on the “Profile” page, tap the post you want to delete.
Step 3: After opening up the post, press the kebab (three-vertical-dot) menu on the upper right.
Step 4: From the menu that appears, select the “Delete” option.
Step 5: A message prompt will ask you whether you want to continue deleting the post. Tap “Delete” to confirm.
To repost the deleted post with a backdated timestamp:
Step 1: Follow the same steps to go to your profile.
Step 2: Tap the “+” button to create a new post.
Step 3: Select the photo or video you want to repost.
Step 4: Add any desired filters, captions, or location tags.
Step 5: Instead of tapping the “Share” button, tap the back arrow or the “X” icon to exit without sharing the post.
Step 6: Wait for a few seconds, and the backdated post should now be visible on your profile.
3. Archiving the Post
Follow the steps below:
🔴 Steps To Follow:
Step 1: Open the Instagram app and go to the post that you want to backdate.
Step 2: Tap the three-dot icon in the top right corner of the post and select “Archive”.
Step 3: The post will be removed from your profile and moved to your archive.
You can also take an extra step:
You can show it on your profile by clicking on the “Show on Profile” option.
4. Adjust Your Timezone
This is the method to change the timezone and post on a different date. Although this method is not proven to work for this, still you can try this.
You can try the following steps below to adjust the timezone:
🔴 Steps To Follow:
Step 1: Open the Instagram app and go to your profile.
Step 2: Tap the three-line icon in the top right corner of the screen and select “Settings” from the list of options.
Step 3: Scroll down and select “Date & Time”.
Step 4: Adjust your timezone to a location where it is currently the desired date and time, and then share your post as usual.
5. Change the Caption and Add a Note
You can change the caption of the post to backdate a post on Instagram. Try the following steps below:
🔴 Steps To Follow:
Step 1: Open the Instagram app on your mobile and go to the post on the feed.
Step 2: Tap the three-dot icon displayed on the post and click on the “Edit” option.
Step 3: Change the caption to include the desired date and time, and add a note indicating that the post was originally published on a different date.
Step 4: And then finally, tap on “Done” to save your changes.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Can you change the date of an existing Instagram post?
Unfortunately, there is no direct way to change the date of an existing Instagram post. However, there are several options you can use to achieve this.
2. Can you backdate an Instagram post by changing the date on your phone?
Changing the date & time settings on your phone can allow you to backdate an Instagram post. However, this method only works if you haven’t yet uploaded the post.
3. Can you backdate an Instagram post using third-party apps?
Some third-party apps, such as Later or Hootsuite, allow you to schedule and publish Instagram posts at a later date and time.
4. What should you do if you want to add a note to an Instagram post that has already been published?
If you want to add a note to a previously published Instagram post, you can edit the post’s caption and include the desired date and time along with a note indicating that the post was originally published on a different date.
5. Is there a built-in feature in Instagram that allows you to backdate posts?
There is a “Backdate Posts” option in Instagram’s settings, but this feature is only available to some Instagram users.
- How To See Someone’s Archived Posts On Instagram Or Deleted Posts
- Instagram Blank Profile Picture Or No Profile Picture Mean
- Why Doesn’t Instagram Show All Mutual Followers | Says 3 But Shows 2
- Fake Instagram Account Checker | Fake Account Finder App
- How To See When Someone Was Last Active On Instagram
- How To Know If Someone Is Spying On Your Instagram
- How To Remove Restrictions On Instagram
- Why Is Instagram Music Not Available For Some Accounts
- ID Lookup Or Find Instagram Account Details By Username
- What Does ‘This Story Is Unavailable Instagram’ Mean & How To Fix
- Instagram Location Tracker | Track Instagram Account & Its Country
- How To Find Who Is Behind A Fake Instagram Account | Fake Account Finder
- How To Know If Someone Hide Their Story From You On Instagram
- Why The Instagram User Not Found But Can See Profile Picture
- Instagram Creation Date Checker | Account Age Checker | When Was Made