If you want to block someone on PayPal then this could mean two things, either you don’t want to receive money from the person or you don’t want to send money to the person by blocking the transfer-money-request.
Although PayPal does not have the ‘Block’ button, the payments settings on PayPal can do a lot more than that. You can allow or block several payments types through these settings.
If the person has your email ID then they can send a payments request to your email and there is the only way to get rid of that by updating to a new email ID.
To block someone on PayPal, you can restrict the payments from the person before crediting it by placing a hold if someone sends you money from other currencies i.e. Euro. Then you can choose whose payment to accept and whom to reject from paying you.
Also, if you want to stop receiving the transfer requests from all people then you can just update your email ID to a new one and make it primary then remove the old one. In this way, the requests would not come into your PayPal unless you share the new email ID with those persons.
In this article, I will show the different methods that you can use in order to block payments from someone on PayPal or restrict someone from payments settings.
Types of PayPal Account:
Paypal, a trustworthy online money transaction platform across the world. A very reliable money transaction platform between unknown people. Sometimes, a situation arises when you no longer want to receive and send payments from and to other users.
Paypal offers two types of accounts to meet your requirements:
⦿ Personal Account:
- Mainly used for sending money to friends and family.
- Allows you to send money as a gift.
- Can purchase anything online.
- Allows you to receive money on selling goods online.
⦿ Business Account:
- Can receive and send money under a company name.
- Can accept bank transfer, credit card, and debit card payments.
- Enables you to create different email addresses for customer service issues.
- Offers full merchant services.
How to Block Someone on PayPal?
If you don’t want to receive any messages and payments from some specific PayPal user, there is a solution to block them via the following steps:
For Individual Account:
Well, PayPal individual accounts don’t offer any direct way of blocking a user.
You cannot directly block a user from sending you payment requests or messages.
Just ignore the payment requests from the sender, and that would be the best option.
But, if the user continuously sends requests then get in touch with the PayPal support system.
For Business Account:
- Firstly, log in to your business PayPal account.
- Then, head towards settings, settings select selling tools.
- Select the “Update” button under “Getting paid and managing my risks”, and click on the “Block payments” option.
⦿ Currency Settings Steps:
- After clicking on the “Block payments” option, a page will pop up on your screen.
- Through this page, change the currency settings for which you want to receive money. This particular process gets under control by using the “Allow payments sent to me in a currency I do not hold” option.
⦿ Other Blocking Steps:
- Select ‘Yes‘ under the “Block accidental payments” options, when you have duplicate invoice IDs. This prevents multiple payments from the different or same users on a single invoice ID.
- Use “Block payments from users who” initiates payment with the help of the “pay anyone” icon.
Block Someone From Requesting Money on PayPal
However, PayPal doesn’t have any feature of blocking someone from requesting money. But, by changing your email address the sender can’t send payment requests to your PayPal account. Here is the step-by-step guide to changing email IDs on PayPal.
1. Log into PayPal:
- The first step is to log in to your PayPal account.
- Then, head towards the settings option.
- Now, choose the plus sign present just next to the email option. The option is available on the screen’s right side.
2. Updating the Email Address:
- Then, type and enter your new email address and select the “Add email” option.
- Choose the “Update” option next to the new email addition option.
3. Confirmation the New Email:
- Now, enter email and tap ‘Change Email‘ button, then choose the “Confirm the mail” option, as confirmation is mandatory.
- And select it as primary then remove the old one.
- Now, the sender can’t send you payment or message requests on your PayPal account.
How to Stop People from Paying through PayPal?
Do you want to stop people from paying you through PayPal? For that, just follow the steps and make that possible. The steps would be very helpful for you, as these steps will easily turn off PayPal on that specific website. You can either remove PayPal widgets from a website or can disable the PayPal.me link. Let’s have a detailed look at both of these ways.
1. Removing PayPal widgets from the website
To remove PayPal widgets from a website that can stop PayPal payments, it is essential to go by the following steps.
- Go to the WooCommerce page of the website or for a specific page.
- Then, head towards the settings option.
- After clicking on the Settings option, select the “payments” option.
- Once done with that, go for the “PayPal checkout” option.
- Click on the “PayPal checkout” option and remove the PayPal payment widget for that specific website.
Through this process, transactions from a PayPal account can be stopped.
2. Disabling of PayPal.me link
If you no longer want to get payments through the PayPal.me link then disable the PayPal.me link from your profile.
The PayPal.me link that you use to get payments from people by sharing it everywhere and if you want to stop receiving payments through that option then you can just disable the option from your PayPal profile in one click.
- First of all, you have to go to your ‘Account’ tab on your profile.
- Below the name, see an option as ‘PayPal.me’, just tap on the ‘Manage’ button.
- Now, options will display for the link, just swipe to the left to turn off the link.
Finally, the payment link is disabled and you would not receive any payments from anyone until you turn it on again.
The Bottom Lines:
This article explained the best ways to manage the payments settings and restrict someone from paying you or requesting money from you.