The alarm works when the device is turned on and that works great on mobile as this never such device never goes switched off.
But if you’re on your MacBook then you might be wondering the ways to keep the alarm awake even the device goes to sleep.
In this article, I will mention a few tools and apps that might keep your alarm awake in certain conditions on your Mac.
Will your Alarm Go Off if Laptop is Closed?
Well if you’re still wondering and worried that the alarm that you have put in your laptop will not ring if it is closed, then worry not. No matter if your laptop is closed or open, your alarm clock will surely not go off. The alarm clock will perform its function of reminding you of the important events even if your laptop is closed.
All you need to do is make sure that the volume is high enough so that it can hear it and wake you up or remind you of the purpose for what you have set it for. The alarm clock will respond to your set alarm even if it is in sleep mode or is closed.
But you have to make sure that your laptop is charged enough so that even if it is closed it will respond. Just to be on the safer side you can keep it plugged into the charging point and the volume is set loud enough for you to hear.
Set an Alarm Clock that Works in Sleep Mode on Mac
There are many methods that you can use to let the alarm work on your Mac using different methods.
Method 1: Using the Apple calendar
- Step 1: First of all, open your MacBook.
- Step 2: Go to the dock on your Mac desktop and conveniently locate the ‘Calendar‘ application.
- Step 3: If you cannot locate the Calendar application on the dock, go to the launch pad and find the app way using the search tool.
- Step 4: Now choose the date and time that you want to set your alarm for.
- Step 5: When selecting the time, double click on the space next to the hour and drag the cursor up and down to adjust for minutes.
- Step 6: You can edit it by giving a name to the set alarm, or adding ‘an occasion name’ or ‘an event name’ for it. The alarm will ring even if your Mac is in sleep mode.
Method 2: Using the app ‘Wake Up Time – Alarm Clock’
- Step 1: Install the ‘Wake Up Time – Alarm Clock‘ from the Apple App Store.
- Step 2: Open the wake-up time alarm from the dock
- Step 3: Set up the time for the alarm.
- Step 4: The next step is to turn on the alarm and configure the settings by choosing the sound and volume that you like and is loud enough for you to hear.
- Step 5: Put your Mac in sleep mode.
- Step 6: Your alarm will ring at the set time. You can either put it off or snooze it.
Use your Laptop as an Alarm even in Sleep Mode
To use the alarm on your laptop in sleep mode, you have to install the necessary apps on your device. I just have given the methods below:
Method 1: Using the build-in ‘Alarm Clock’ Application
- Step 1: Click on the start menu button down in the left corner.
- Step 2: Type ‘Alarm’ into the windows search box.
- Step 3: Click on the ‘Alarm and Clock‘ icon.
- Step 4: Click on the ‘+‘ seen at the lower toolbar.
- Step 5: Set the day, date, and time for the alarm.
- Step 6: Select the sound that you want your alarm to ring for.
- Step 7: Click on the ‘Save‘ button in the lower right corner of the alarm window.
- Step 8: The next is to put your laptop to sleep. Your Alarm will ring at the time that you have set it at.
Method 2: Using the app ‘Free Alarm Clock’
- Step 1: Open your browser on your windows laptop.
- Step 2: Onto the search bar type ‘Free Alarm Clock‘ and click on the first link that appears on the page
- Step 3: Once you open the link, you will be directed to the interface of the website.
- Step 4: Click on the ‘Download‘ button.
- Step 5: Download and install the app.
- Step 6: Double click on the icon of the app to launch it.
- Step 7: Click on ‘Add‘ and add the time that you want your alarm to ring at.
- Step 8: The alarm will ring at its set time even if your system is on sleep mode and even turns on the volume if it was on mute.
Digital Alarm Clock for PC – Free Download
There are many apps that you can use to make the alarm work smoothly. I have listed a few of those below:
1. Cool Timer:
This app is compatible with the windows operating system. Apart from an alarm clock, it also has features like a timer in countdown mode and a stopwatch. This is a free app. It has three built-in alarm sounds and apart from this, it allows you to add your MP3 sound files. Follow the steps to know how to use it.
- Step 1: First of all, download the Cool Timer app on your Windows.
- Step 2: Once you download the ‘Cool Timer‘ app, open it.
- Step 3: Launch the app, click on the ‘+‘ to add an alarm.
- Step 4: Enter the time you want to set the alarm for and then save it.
2. Free Alarm Clock:
This is a full-featured, free, and user-friendly app for your Windows. The app allows you to set a one-time alarm or repeating alarms. You can label the alarms to remind you of the task you have set it for. The app also allows you to set multiple alarms at once. Follow the steps to know more.
- Step 1: Firstly, you’ve to download the Free Alarm Clock app on your Windows laptop.
- Step 2: Once you are done with the installation of the app, launch the app.
- Step 3: Click on ‘Add‘ and add the time that you want your alarm to ring at.
- Step 4: The alarm will ring at its set time even if your system is on sleep mode and even turns on the volume if it was on mute.
3. Wake Up Time – Alarm Clock:
This is free Mac software. It is simple to use. The best thing about the app is even if you can put your Mac on sleep mode, your alarm will ring. It also has customizable snooze time.
- Step 1: Firstly, install the ‘Wake Up Time – Alarm Clock’ from the App Store for free.
- Step 2: Open the wake-up time alarm from the dock. Set up the time for the alarm.
- Step 3: The next step is to turn on the alarm and configure the settings by choosing the sound and volume that you like and is loud enough for you to hear.
- Step 4: Put your Mac in sleep mode. Your alarm will ring at the set time. You can either put it off or snooze it.
The Bottom Lines:
This article explains the better ways to set the alarm on your computer device or MacBook and I have mentioned the different tools and apps that might help you in this case.