You can make the profile picture blank or change it either by editing its privacy or deleting the photo. If you don’t want to delete the profile photo but remove the profile picture then you have many ways to do this.
If you want to remove the Facebook profile picture without deleting it from Facebook then you can do this. If you want to keep the profile picture on Facebook but make it invisible to others or a blank profile then you can do this from the privacy settings.
For adding a new profile picture on Facebook without removing the old one just upload a new image or to show the blank profile picture you have to edit the privacy settings if you don’t want to delete it.
To remove the Facebook profile picture without deleting it, first of all, you can make a random image as a profile picture and then delete that random image. In that way, you can keep the profile picture on Facebook, viewable to all. But, if you want to turn off displaying the profile picture or want to show the blank image on your profile then you can edit the privacy of the photo and make it ‘Only Me’. In that way, your profile picture will be removed from Facebook and will not be visible to people other than you.
These are the easiest methods in order to remove a profile picture from Facebook without deleting the main profile picture and in this article, I will show that in more detailed steps.
How Does the Profile Look after the Photo is Removed?
When someone removes the profile photo from their Facebook account, Facebook automatically sets the default blank picture in the place of the profile photo.
The default photo shows the blank white silhouette of a girl/boy in a light blue background depending on gender, which neither opens nor gets bigger, and nothing changes when any user clicks on the profile photo.
Besides, you can remove or delete the cover photo too, and it shows a totally blank image that will not open bigger on click.
However, Facebook also shows a default blank image when your friend has permanently or temporarily deleted their account or any user blocked your account on Facebook.
How to Have a Blank Profile Picture on Facebook?
If you want to keep the profile picture but want to remove it from your profile without deleting it then this method will help.
Simply, if you just upload a new image and delete that random image then you have the blank profile picture also the last profile photo also saved on your Facebook profile and shown to the public.
So, let’s follow the steps first to upload a random image and then deleting that from profile to get a blank profile picture on Facebook:
1. Uploading a Blank image
The first method is to upload the full black image or full white image as your profile picture.
Here are the steps of doing this process:
- Step 1: First of all, search for a “Full black image” or use the below one.
- Step 2: Now, open that image in a new tab and then Download the image.
- Step 3: Further, log in to your Facebook account.
- Step 4: From the top-right corner of your screen, tap the three dots icon then, click on your name to visit your profile.
- Step 5: In your profile, tap on the profile picture.
- Step 6: Further, choose the option of “Update profile picture“.
- Step 7: Finally, click on “Update” to upload the blank image as your profile picture.
2. Deleting the Profile picture
The second method for having a blank image is to delete your profile picture.
First of all click on the profile, then tap Profile Photo.
After opening the profile photo just tap on the three-dots icon and delete it using the ‘Delete Photo’ option.
Remove Facebook Profile Picture without Deleting
You may want to remove your Facebook profile picture and hide it from friends and other users without deleting it.
The simple way of doing it is to change your profile picture privacy from “Public”, “Friends” or “Friends of friends” to “Only Me”.
To remove the Facebook profile picture without deleting it,
- Step 1: Open the Facebook application then, Log in to your Facebook account.
- Step 2: Now, Navigate to your profile for other settings.
- Step 3: In your profile, click on your profile picture.
- Step 4: Then, choose the option of “View profile picture“.
- Step 5: Your profile picture is open, so, from the top right corner – Tap on the three-dots.
- Step 6: Many options will show to you, you need to Tap on the “Edit Audience“.
- Step 7: Change the settings to “Only Me“. Now, that will be visible to you only.
You have successfully removed your profile picture without deleting it from your Facebook account. Now, your friends and other users who are not on your friend list cannot see your profile picture. It shows a blank profile picture to everyone.
Eliminate Profile Photo but Keep it on Facebook
If you want to keep the profile photo on your Facebook but want to remove the profile picture from DP then you can do a simple thing instead of uploading random images.
First, download the picture on your device and then delete the profile photo. After that, your profile gets a blank photo and you can re-upload the image from the Upload images section.
Step 1: Download the Photo
- Log in to your Facebook account if you have not opened it yet.
- Tap on three dots in the top right corner.
- Then, click on your name to open your profile.
- Further, Tap on the profile photo.
- Afterward, choose the “View profile picture“.
- Then, click on Menu in the three-dots icon.
- Finally, select the last option, “Save“.
- On desktop, it will download and appear in the download folder, and On mobile, it will save in your phone memory. You can also use the Facebook DP viewers to download.
Step 2: Delete the profile photo from Facebook
- In your profile, Tap on “Photos“.
- Then, open the profile photo album.
- From the album, Tap on your current profile picture, which you just saved.
- Choose More options through the three dots icon on the top right corner.
- Finally, click on “Delete photo” and confirm yes.
- Now, your profile photo shows a blank image.
Step 3: Upload the Same photo Again
- Firstly, go to the News Feed page.
- On the top of the news feed, tap on the option “Photo” with “What’s on your mind?”.
- Now, select the photo from the gallery which you downloaded.
- After selecting the photo, Tap the “Next” button to go on the Create post page.
- You can change privacy from “Public/friends” to “Only Me” if you want to hide.
- You may edit text, location, what you are feeling, or add some more photos if you want to.
- Finally, tap “Post” from the top-right corner of the screen. The photo is now saved on your Facebook, and nobody else has access to view this image.
That’s all you’ve to do.
The Bottom Lines:
This article explained the different ways to remove the Facebook profile picture, there are two circumstances either you can keep the photo public and remove the profile picture or you can make it private in order to remove it from the profile.
- Get Unblocked from the Marketplace on Facebook – Steps
- How to Remove the Restriction on Facebook Account?
- Facebook Story Downloader – Online
- See What Groups Someone is In on Facebook – 2021
- View Facebook Stories Anonymously – Without Them Knowing
- Facebook Profile Picture Resize Apps – Without Cropping
- How to Create a Facebook Avatar? – Own Facebook Avatar
- How to Change Font Size or Style in Facebook Post?
- Parallel Space Facebook or WhatsApp not Working – FIXED
- Remove Frame from the Facebook Profile Picture – Method