Having a long chat with someone on WhatsApp or Facebook and then finding the first-ever message of that chat is the most time taking if you don’t use some tricks.
If you wanted to find the first message of a particular chat in any apps like Instagram, Facebook WhatsApp and if the chat is too long containing thousands of messages then scrolling might be a little tough as this will take a few hours to reach the first message.
I just looked into a few details and found actually two basics methods that are easy to execute and by these ways you can easily go to the beginning of any chat or the first message.
To see the first message on Facebook or WhatsApp, you can either download the entire chat and then see the first message on that file and to download the chat you can use the chrome extension or you can install the ‘Easy Scroll – Automatic scrolling’ app on your mobile to scroll to the first message automatically without touching the screen or self-scrolling.
I have enlisted all of the methods in this article, you just have to follow the steps accurately to get to the first message. So, let’s dive in.
See the First Message using Automatic scrolling App
There are several apps that can actually make automatic scrolling on your WhatsApp or Facebook to reach out to the message. I have enlisted one of them that I used for myself and was really great in the case of automatic scrolling:
Easy Scroll – Automatic scrolling [App]
The ‘Easy Scroll – Automatic scrolling’ is the best ever that you can install from the Google Play Store and what you have to do is just follow the simple setup to use it on your Instagram, WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger chat to scroll to the first message:
- First of all, install the ‘Easy Scroll’ app from Google Play Store and upon installation just allow all permissions that the app asks to proceed with the setup.
- Now once you have given the permissions you can just directly make the app settings fast-scrolling from the settings page.
- Now on your mobile phone display, the key features will be available to start the scrolling or to pause or stop.
- Next, you have to open that WhatsApp or Facebook chat for that you want to go to the first message and then start the auto-scrolling by tapping on the button available on your mobile phone display.
- This will start the scrolling until it reaches the first message, just hold with patience and this will take a few seconds or minutes depending upon how many messages you have on the particular chat.
Once you get to the first message the automatic scrolling will be stopped automatically.
That’s all you have to do with this app to get to the first message on your WhatsApp, Facebook or Instagram chat even the chat is too long.
See the First Message on a Facebook Chat [Using Scroll App]
In order to see the first message on Facebook chat,
- Just open the Easy Scroll app on your mobile.
- Now open the Facebook chat from your Messenger on mobile.
- Once you are on that chat just start the Easy Scroll automatic scrolling just by tapping on the start.
- Now, this will start scrolling to the top first message on your Facebook chat.
- After you get to the first message just close that Easy Scroll app overlay from your mobile task by closing the app from there.
That’s all you have to follow with Easy Scroll on your Facebook chat to see the first-ever message.
Get to the First Message on a WhatsApp Chat
If you want to see the first message on WhatsApp chat,
- Just open the Easy Scroll app on your Android mobile.
- Now open your WhatsApp and that chat from your WhatsApp chat section.
- Once you’re on the chat, launch the Easy Scroll app to start the automatic scroll just by tapping on the start.
- Now, this will scroll to the first message on that particular WhatsApp chat.
- Once you’ve seen the first message just close that Easy Scroll app overlay from your mobile app task manager.
That’s all you have to do using Easy Scroll on your WhatsApp chat to see the first message.
Go to First Message on an Instagram Chat [With App]
In order to see the first message of an Instagram chat,
- Just install & open the Easy Scroll app on your mobile.
- Now open the Instagram chat from your Instagram app on mobile.
- Once you open the chat whose first message you want to see just tap on the start scrolling button. This will start scrolling to the top message of your Instagram chat.
After you see the first message just close that Easy Scroll app to hide the display overlay. That’s all you have to do to see the Instagram first message of a chat.
See the First Message on WhatsApp or Facebook on iPhone
If you are on your iPhone then need to download the chat to see the first message on your WhatsApp or Facebook chat.
You have to follow some simple steps that are like downloading the chat and once you open that downloaded file you will get to the first messages automatically and for opening that particular file you can use any type of application that you want to choose either it is chrome or something else that can open the downloaded file on your mobile.
This will be easier for you to get to the first message of any chat just by downloading the whole chat and you can include or exclude media from the chat if you wish to.
See the First Message on Facebook Without Scrolling
If you are on your PC and you want to get to the first message of your WhatsApp and Facebook chat then you can use and Chrome extension that will be used to download your chat and then opening that on the same tab to see the first message and just opening the file the same will start from this first message and this is how you can see the first-ever message of your chat.
All you have to do just install the Chrome extension on your Google Chrome browser and then open that particular chat on Facebook and you will see the icon on your browser tab, just you have to tap on the extension icon to download the whole chat and then you can see the first message right up there.
To install the Chrome Extension and see the first message of your chat just follow these simple steps:
- First, install the Google Chrome extension: Message/Chat Downloader on your browser.
- Now open that particular Facebook chat from Messenger on the desktop on the same chrome browser.
- Once you’ve opened the chat just tap on the extension and this will ask you to download the chat.
- You can choose the download texts only and upon completion the chat will be opened in a window with the first one at the top.
See a Message on Facebook Messenger of a Certain Date
If you want to find a message of a certain date or a message of a particular date then this method will be really helpful in finding that message on your Facebook or WhatsApp chat.
In this method, you can just open the Facebook chat from m.facebook.com then right-click on ‘see the older messages’ and click and ‘open in a new tab’.
On the next tab, you will see is the timestamp on the URL All you have to do just change that timestamp to a particular date when the message you have sent.
Now to generate the timestamp you have to go to the timestamp generator website and from there you have to put the date and this will automatically generate the timestamp that you have to replace/paste on that URL and reload that to go to that particular chat of that certain date.
If you’re wondering for the step-by-step guide then to see the particular message of a certain date just follow the simple steps:
- First of all, you have to open that Facebook chat going to: m.facebook.com and then go into the mobile version of chat on your desktop chrome.
- Now you will see the option ‘see the older messages’ at the top, just right-click and open that on a new window.
- On the new tab window, under the URL section, you have to change the timestamp value to get to the particular date of the chat.
- Next, open the Timestamp Converter, put a date and generate a value for the timestamp.
- Now back to the URL tab and replace the value with the new one and load the page again, it will show the message of that date from that chat.
That’s all you can do to see the message of a particular date.
The Bottom Lines:
There are two ways to see the first message of a WhatsApp or Facebook chat, either you download it and open it to see it or use the app to auto-scroll to the top message.
- Get Unblocked from the Marketplace on Facebook – Steps
- How to Remove the Restriction on Facebook Account?
- Facebook Story Downloader – Online
- See What Groups Someone is In on Facebook – 2021
- View Facebook Stories Anonymously – Without Them Knowing