Your Quick Answer:
- To stop people from finding your Instagram account, you must remove your phone number from Instagram by going to the Profile section and tapping on “Edit profile”. Now tap on “Personal information settings” and remove the phone number by clicking on it and tapping on the backspace key; save the changes.
- Unlinking Facebook from Instagram helps Instagram users hide their accounts from their Facebook friends on Instagram. Go to the Profile icon and then to the three lines icon, tap on “Settings”, then tap on “Account” and “Sharing to other apps”. Tap on “Facebook” and then on “Accounts Center”, then go to “Accounts and profiles” and then on your Facebook account, then to “Remove from Accounts Center”. Tap on “Continue” and “Remove [Facebook name]”.
- If you want Instagram not to recommend your account to others, go to the web version of Instagram from google and, go to the profile icon, tap on the option that says “Edit profile”. Scroll down and untick the option below that says “Similar account suggestions”.
People can find you on Instagram if they have your contact by simply syncing their contacts.
The contact information you give to Instagram, like phone number, is used only for OTPs and password reset links, other people cannot access it.
Stop People from Finding Instagram Account with Contact information:
Follow the below methods:
1. Remove Phone Number from Instagram:
Sometimes people can find you when they sync their contacts with the Instagram app. If you have used your phone number while making the account, your account will be visible to them. You can remove your phone number from Instagram to stop that from happening.
Step 1: Open Instagram> Profile icon
To remove your number from your Instagram account, you have first to open the app from your phone’s home screen. You will be on the main page of Instagram, looking at posts from people you follow.
There will be a menu bar and the bottom with five icons, of which you have to tap on the option at the absolute right. This option is the “Profile” option. This action will take you to the profile section of Instagram.
Step 2: Go to “Edit profile”> “Personal information settings”
In the Profile tab, you will see the Following and Followers list as well as all the posts you have uploaded from your account. Below the Following and Followers list options will be the “Edit profile” option. Tap on it.
The last option that you will see in this section is the “Personal information settings” tap on this. Here you will see all the information you have added like phone number, email, etc. Besides “Phone number”, you will see the phone number you have added. Tap on it and delete it. Then save the changes.
2. Unlink Facebook from Instagram:
If you have linked your Facebook account with Instagram, your account will be visible to all the people you have added as friends on Facebook. Since this is a problem, you can follow the steps mentioned below and unlink your Facebook account.
Step 1: Open Instagram > Profile icon > Three lines icon
To unlink your Facebook account from Instagram, you must first open the app and tap on the right-most option in the menu bar at the bottom of the screen; this is the profile icon. In this section, you will see an icon at the top right corner of the screen that is symbolized by three horizontal lines. Tap on it.
Step 2: Go to “Settings”> “Account” > “Sharing to other apps”
Once you’ve tapped on the three lines icon, tap on the “Settings” option, which will appear in the next tab. Then tap on “Account”. You will now be looking at options related to changes you can make within your account. There will be an option that says “Sharing to other Apps”. Tap on it.
Step 3: Go to “Accounts Center”> Remove Account
Tap on Facebook. You will see “Account Center” at the bottom of the screen. Tap on it. In the next tab, you will see all the connected accounts. Tap on the option “Accounts and profiles” next. Then tap on your Facebook account. In the next tab, tap on the option at the bottom of the screen that says “Remove from Accounts Center”. Then tap on Continue and “Remove [Facebook name]”.
Video on How To Disconnect Phone Contact List From Instagram Account:
3. Untick Similar Account Suggestions:
You can stop Instagram from suggesting you to other people under mutual friends, etc., to keep you hidden. There is an option that serves this purpose, but it cannot be accessed via the app. You need to use Instagram web for this.
Step 1: Go to Instagram web from your browser > Profile icon
To stop Instagram from recommending your account to other people, you have to go to your web browser and search for Instagram web. Once you’re in the web version of Instagram and have logged in, you will see five icons at the bottom of the screen. Tap on the “Profile” icon.
Step 2: Go to “Edit profile” > untick the option
Once you are in the Profile section of Instagram, you will notice the option “Edit profile” under the Followers and Following sections. Tap on this option. You have to now scroll down to the bottom of this section. You will notice an option “Similar account suggestions”. There will be an option with a tick under it. Tap on the tick to remove it and to remove your account from other people’s suggestions.
The Bottom Lines:
Unlinking accounts is a very important part of this process, as we tend to have more friends on social media than phone contacts, so eliminating that reduces the chances of being seen in suggestions incredibly.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Can someone find my Instagram phone number?
Yes, people can find you using your phone number. If they have your phone number saved as a contact and sync their contact list on Instagram, all their contacts with Instagram accounts, including yours, will be visible for them to follow.
2. How do strangers find me on Instagram?
Strangers can find you only if there are mutual friends between you and the person or if they come across a post with a like or comment from you. They can also find you if somehow they know your username and search for it. You can stop them from seeing you by turning off recommendations of your account to others from the “Edit profile” section of the Instagram web.
3. Can someone find the phone number I’ve linked with the account?
No, people cannot find your phone number if you have linked it with your Instagram account. You have to have specifically added it to your business account as contact information for it to be accessible to people. Otherwise, the information is just between you and Instagram and will only be used for future correspondences in the form of OTPs and such.
- How To Find Instagram User Information With User ID
- How To Delete All Instagram Posts At Once
- How To Direct Message On Instagram On Chrome
- How To View Secret Conversations On Instagram
- Why Won’t Instagram Let Me Like Posts
- How To Recover Deleted Instagram Messages
- If You View Someone’s Video On Instagram Will He Know?
- How To Know If Someone Deactivated Or Deleted Their Instagram
- How To See Instagram Followers Without An Account
- How To Copy My Instagram Profile Link On Android
- How To Find Recently Deleted On Instagram
- How To Stop Instagram From Suggesting Your Accounts In Contacts?
- Best Private Instagram Story Downloader Tools
- How to Download Instagram Video – FIXED Bad URL Timestamp
- How To Apply Instagram Filters To Existing Photos
- Best Instagram Following List Viewers – To Export
- How To Remove Action Blocked On Instagram
- How To Know If A Person Follows You Back On Instagram
- Can You See Who Viewed Your Instagram Video?
- Instagram Last Seen Checker – Online Tracker