Your Quick Answer:
- If you delete an unopened message or Snap on Snapchat, others will not see the Message, and the Message will be deleted from both ends.
- To delete a message on Snapchat, manually open the Chats section, tap and hold messages, and see the “Delete” option there; click on it. Tit can also use the “Clear Conversation” tool to delete the entire conversation.
- Snapchat also deletes snaps, meaning the snaps stay on the Chat for 30 days until viewed. Once viewed, it is deleted within 24 hours.
- You can also auto-delete Snaps already read by using the “After Viewing” tool. First, open the chat section, then tap and hold any of your friends’ profiles.
- Tap “More” and then tap “Delete Chats,” there, you can see the option “After Viewing.” Click on it, and your messages will be deleted after you see them.
Video on How to Delete an Unopened Snap:
What Happens When You Delete an Unopened Snap?
There are a few things that happen when you delete an unopened snap:
1. The Person Would Not see the Message:
If you delete a snap on Snapchat before the person has seen the message, it will be deleted from the chat screen, and the person can not see the Snap in the future. After you delete the message, there will be a tag showing that you deleted the Message, meaning the person can not see the original Message or the Snap. They see the tag that you deleted a message.
2. Your Message is Deleted from both ends:
If you delete the chats’ messages, they will be deleted from both ends, meaning you also can not see the messages or Snaps again. After sending a snap tap, hold the Message and press “Delete”. It will be deleted from both ends. Even if the person cannot see the Snap within 30 days, it will also be deleted from the chats.
How to Delete an Unopened Message on Snapchat?
Follow the below steps:
Step 1: Open Chat and Tap & Hold Messages
You can easily delete your Chat manually on Snapchat. To delete the messages, manually first open your Snapchat app and log in with your credentials. Then swipe your screen right, or tap on the chat icon at the bottom of the screen to go to the chat section. Click on it. Now open any of your friends’ chats, then tap and hold on to the Message you want to delete.
Step 2: Tap on ‘Delete’
You can see the “Delete” option. Click this, then click “Delete Chat” to confirm the delete.
But keep one thing in mind, if you delete a message, then there will be a tag showing that you deleted this Message, which means after deleting the Message for both sides, Snapchat will notify the other person that you have deleted it it it the Message.
Step 3: Do the Same for All Messages
Now you have to do the same thing for all messages, and you have to tap and hold every Message and delete it. One thing you can do is you can use the “Clear Conversation” feature. By clicking on the “Clear conversation” button, you can clear the conversation from your chats. First, go to the chat section, then tap and hold on to the target person’s Chat whose conversations you want to clear. Click “More,” and you can see an option, “Clear Conversation.” Click on it and then press “Clear” again to confirm deleting.
Does Snapchat Delete Unread Snaps?
Snapchat has the feature that it will delete all Snaps automatically after the recipient has viewed them. The Snapchat server will delete all unopened Snaps after 30 days, meaning the Snaps stay on the Chat for 30 days until anyone views them. Similarly, if the recipient views the Snaps, the Snapchat server will automatically delete the Snaps after 24 hours.
For the Chats, it is set to be deleted after you have viewed them. You can change chat settings to delete the Chat right after viewing them or delete them 24 hours after viewing them. Snapchat is set to delete messages sent in Group Chats one day after everyone has viewed or one week after the Message.
Suppose you switch from “24 Hours after Viewing” to “After Viewing,” then the previous Chats will disappear. You can save a Snap or a message in Chat by pressing and holding it and then pressing Save in Chat. After saving a Snap or a message, the Snap and the Message will not be deleted.
How to Auto-Delete Snaps that are Read?
You can easily delete messages from Snapchat for both sides. If you enable “After Viewing” and send any message to the person, then this Message will be deleted after the person views it.
Here are the steps for how to turn on auto delete instantly.
Step 1. Open Chat> Tap and hold on profile
First, log in to your Snapchat account, click on your profile picture, go to your profile, and go to the “My Friends” section. Then tap on your targeted friends’ names, and you will be redirected to the individual chat section, or you can swipe right on your Snapchat home screen. Now choose any of your friends’ names and tap and hold on to their profile.
Step 2: Tap ‘More’> Tap on ‘Delete Chats…’
After holding on to their profile, you can see a pop-up will come. There press the second last option, “More.” After clicking on it, you can see another window will open, which is filled with a lot of options, like “Block,” “Remove Friend,” “Clear Conversation,” etc. Tap on the “Delete Chats” option.
Step 3: Choose the ‘After Viewing’ option
After clicking on the option “Delete Chats,” you can see three options will come: “After Viewing,” “24 Hours after Viewing,” and “Cancel.” Click on “After Viewing,” and the messages will be automatically deleted after you see them.
The Bottom Lines:
Snapchat is a very popular social media platform, and its popularity is built on the temporary nature of its content. You can save a lot of content permanently, so you should know how to delete unwanted messages simultaneously, hope you understand how to do that.
- How to See Someone’s Snapchat Best Friends?
- How to Stop Strangers from Adding You on Snapchat?
- How to See Everyone who Unadded You on Snapchat?
- What Does the Green Arrow Mean On Snapchat?
- Does Snapchat notify when you Screen Record a video call?
- What Does the Ops Mean on Snapchat?
- What Does the Other Snapchatters mean on Snapchat?
- How to Save Snapchat Filters? – Steps To Follow
- How to Find People Near Me on Snapchat
- How to Find when Your Snapchat Account was Created