If you want the answer whether someone could know if you’ve screen recorded his Instagram story then you should know that Instagram has a feature of showing notifications that can tell people if someone screenshotted or recorded the Instagram story or something else.
This may or may not work on something that you do on your Instagram like posting stuff, sharing stories, or your DMs. If you are curious to know either it is possible to get notified when someone screenshotted or recorded your Instagram story then this article will give you the answer.
If you want to know whether Instagram notifies you if someone screenshotted your story then you should know that when someone screen record or screenshot your story you would not get notified on your Instagram. However, if you are on your Instagram DM then if someone just is screen recording your direct message chat then you will show the notification bar on that DM chat section that the person screenshotted your DM.
Now, if you want to screen record someone’s Instagram story then you can just open the story and start your street recording from mobile and the person would not know that. If you want to screenshot the DM without notifying the person then you can just turn off the Internet connection first and then take a screenshot of the chat. After that, just clear the cache for the Instagram app before turning on the Internet.
Does Instagram Notify while you’re Screen Recording Instagram Stories?
It was previously informed to users that Instagram would notify users for screen recordings or screenshotting of stories.
But, after the recent update made, now Instagram is no longer notifying its users of such activities.
If you want to have a recording of someone’s story you can do so, and the best part of it is you can openly and freely do it as the opposite person will never know about it. The Instagram app has no such inbuilt system that notifies its users when someone records their posted stories.
The Instagram app allows you to only view the list of people who have viewed your stories and not the ones who have recorded them. However, this feature is enabled only when you make a recording of someone’s chats from the Instagram DMs.
The moment you take a recording, the app immediately sends a notification to the person whose chats you are recording, about your action. Taking screenshots and recording chats on DM’s will notify its users.
Just like Instagram does not notice when you take a screenshot of someone’s story or posts, similarly, it does not notify its users of screen recordings.
Does Instagram Notify when you Screenshot a Story?
Instagram does not notify its users when someone takes a screenshot of your story. If you like someone’s Instagram story that they have posted on their profile you can grab a screenshot of their stories without them knowing that you have captured a screenshot of their post.
The Instagram app does not send any such notification to the person whose story you have taken a screenshot of. They will never get to know.
People posting stories on Instagram can only see the list of people who have viewed their stories and not the ones who have taken a screenshot of their stories as the app sends no such notification.
You can freely grab a screenshot of Instagram stories be it just a regular photo, a video, or an Instagram reel. You can capture a screenshot of your friend’s stories and save it in your phone gallery or camera roll so that you can use it whenever you want and even share it with your other friends who do not follow that person.
How to Screen Record Instagram Stories without Them Knowing?
If you are wondering how to get someone’s Instagram stories if you like and want to keep it saved in your phone memory or your camera roll you can always take a screenshot or record their Instagram stories.
You need not worry about them knowing about your actions. The app does not send any notification to the person whose Instagram stories you have got saved on your phone by taking screenshots and screen recordings.
Instagram does not notify other users if you have taken a screenshot of someone’s content. You can do this without taking any consent from them and without them even knowing about it. Here are the steps that will help you view stories normally.
To screen record someone’s Instagram Story anonymously,
- Step 1: Open your Instagram account and if you are not logged in, simply log in with all your credentials.
- Step 2: You will see your home page. Here you can see the posts and stories of the Instagram accounts that you follow. People who have posted stories on their Instagram profile, their stories are present next to the icon of ‘your story’ seen at the top left corner.
- Step 3: Start the screen recording on your mobile and then tap on any story that you wish to view.
That’s all you’ve to do.
Does Instagram Notify when you Screen record a DM?
☛ You can read more aspects to know if Instagram notifies when someone screenshots the DM.
The app tries to maintain the privacy of its users by sending them notifications when someone tries to take a screenshot of the chats, disappearing photos, and videos from Instagram DM. So before you try doing this, always remember that the opposite person will receive a notification of your action.
You can easily get to know if someone has taken a screenshot of a disappearing photo or a video. When you notice a small hatched circle beside the shared photo or the video. You can also see the Screen Recording notification as your conversation summary on the main page of your Instagram DM page.
How to View the DM without Notifying the person?
If you are worried that viewing a DM or taking a screenshot or screen recording of disappearing photos and videos sent by other users through Instagram DM will notify them, then you should cast your worries out of your head.
To view the DM without the person knowing that you’ve viewed it,
- Step 1: First of all, Enable the airplane mode of your device which you can easily locate in your phone settings.
- Step 2: Once you have enabled the airplane mode, go to your Instagram account and read the DMs you wish to read.
- Step 3: After you’re done reading, go to your phone settings and then go to apps/application settings.
- Step 4: Locate the Instagram app here and click on it.
- Step 5: Click on the ‘Clear cache’ to clear all the cache data.
Finally, disable airplane mode and now, it’s done.
The Bottom Lines:
This article explained the answer behind the screenshot or screen recording of someone’s Instagram stories or Instagram direct messages. You can just follow the steps in order to screen record or screenshot someone’s Instagram without notifying them.
- Check When an Instagram Account was Created – Age Check
- Does Instagram Notify when you Screen Record a Story?
- Check Fake Instagram Followers – Account Checker Apps
- Does Instagram Notify when you Screenshot DM or Posts?
- Know if Someone Muted your Stories or DM on Instagram
- FIXED – Add Post to Your Story on Instagram Missing
- Can You See who Looks at Highlights on Instagram? – 2021
- How Does Instagram Rank Story Viewers?
- Instagram Following List Order – How Is It Ordered?
- View Private Instagram Profiles Without Following