Your Quick Answer:
- To track an Instagram profile to find out whether that Instagram profile is fake or not, you have to look into different things.
- Normally a fake Instagram account will have a list of all work and not any personal branding on the profile rather it is used to sell products only.
- To know if it is a fake Instagram profile, you might see the following & the followers list on the profile.
- If the following list is larger than the followers of the Instagram profile then this might be a fake Instagram account.
- If there are no personal photos of that person then it does not prove the authenticity of the profile.
There would be certain things on a real Instagram profile. You can spy on a few things to find out if the Instagram account is real.
In this article, you have to check with a profile to realize whether this is a fake Instagram profile or not.
How to Find Out if a Fake Account is Messaging You?
Do the following to find out if a fake Instagram account is messaging you or not:
- Check their engagement to follower ratio with the DMPro app. If their engagement rate is lower than 1%, then there is a good chance that they are fake.
- If their engagement rate is very high, then it could be a fake account.
- Fake users use bots to get an excessive amount of super generic comments. Fake bots may send you irrelevant DMs with different content like marketing and other things.
- You can analyze their audience quality with some free IG Audit tools. Normal users won’t have a 100% real followers estimate.
So, if their audience quality is quite high, then there is a chance that they are fake.
Video on How to Spot Fake Instagram Account:
Watch the video guide below to spot any fake Instagram accounts or bots:
How to Tell if an Instagram account is Fake?
To identify an Instagram account you have to check with many things like followers, the profile picture on the profile, and other stuff like Instagram stories.
If you want to check the profile then first you might look at the Age of that Instagram profile. A new profile with fewer details tends to come out fake.
If the profile is not personal or it is a company profile that tries to sell their products and there is no particular person is visible or on the comments, it proves to be fake, not from real people then you might be sure that the profile may be a fake profile just to generate traffic for sales.
Well, it is not hard to track such profiles. These are some of the hints to know that it is fake.
1. Profile picture/bio Proves an Instagram Account standard:
One way by which you can figure out whether an account is fake is by looking at the profile picture/ bio. Profile bio used by them looks fabricated or generic. You will likely find images of good-looking boys/girls to make the profile look appealing.
If you get a profile to have seemed like something else that may be either deleted or deactivated, find it right here.
2. Followers talks a lot about a Fake account:
A fake Instagram profile will have a large following list than it has the followers on the profile. Fake accounts get created for following people or accounts that purchase followers. They likely follow a ton of people. They follow the maximum no of accounts. Such profiles may follow each other to look more authentic.
3. Comments can really Reveal a fake Instagram account:
If you come across accounts having thousands of followers but few comments or likes, they might be fake. Real followers will be keen on what they share. They will engage or interact with the accounts they follow.
Who Made a Fake Instagram Account: Followers & Following List
In identifying a fake Instagram account, the following and followers list on the Instagram account plays a huge role. If the person has the most random followers in his Instagram account, I just tried to investigate those followers and I just got found that those followers do not have genuine stuff even those are public and most of them are using fake images or stock images that look like fake Instagram follower profiles. Here are the few points I am discussed in order to find a fake Instagram account:
- Compare the number of followers an Instagram user has and the posts, and comments shared by him/her. Provided that it is a fake account, you will get to see an unrealistic scenario.
- A profile with 12K followers will unlikely have ten to fifteen Instagram posts. Instagram Accounts get purchased by the influencers.
- As such, creating several accounts can be a money-making strategy for people. Instagram limits the number of following accounts to 7500, but it does not mean that all the profiles with 7500 followers are fake.
Follower counts of Instagram profiles might increase dramatically. There is a chance that the account is fake or the user gets followers from other Instagram Accounts that appear authentic apparently.
Fake Instagram account checker: Who is behind
If you looking for one such tool that helps you to track Instagram accounts or detects fake account holder names, you should try this one. You can go with TrendHero which uses superior analytics for detecting similar influencers and filtering fraudulent profiles.
TrendHero for detecting fake accounts or shortlisting those profiles.
The trendHERO is free for one Account to try out as a trial and to use this to find a fake account holder’s name.
- First, register on trendHERO for free with all of your details.
- On the navigation bar of the dashboard, tap on the My Lists Menu.
- At the top of the page, click on the drop-down menu and scroll down. Type your name in the blank box.
- Search for influencers. To do so, click on the Discovery menu and select a category out of 13 sub-categories.
- You will find a list of influencers. Select ones that you want to add and click on the bookmark icon next on the left-hand side.
You can always access it by selecting the My List option from the drop-down menu on the right-hand side.
That’s all you’ve to follow to look into a fake Instagram account holder’s name.
Instagram FAKE ID Finder App:
If you are wondering for an app that can actually track all of the fake Instagram accounts on the basis of images or profile picture or other algorithms that proves the account to be fake. Such a smart app is available on your Google Play Store and you can just install it on your device and get rid of any profile that you suspect to be fake with the help of this app.
🔯 FakeFind – Clean Fake Followers:
FakeFind is a free and most effective app that you can use on your Android device to find out whether an Instagram account is fake or real when an Instagram user follows you. To use the FakeFind app, just follow the steps:
- First of all, install FakeFind on your mobile device.
- Now login with your credentials.
- Now, this app actually pushes notifications when someone follows you or you follow someone on Instagram.
- The app actually scans the images or the profile picture and other stuff like shared stories to determine whether the account is fake or not and push a final notification.
This is so simple to use on your Android devices and there are more similar apps available on the Play Store if you are on your iOS device you can find the same and similar app to track down your followers.
How to find out who made a fake Instagram account?
It’s a bit tricky to find out who actually is behind an Instagram account and you’ve to follow different methods to find out the person who has made that fake Instagram account.
In order to find who is actually behind a fake Instagram account, you have to check the name or username and then using that find the email address that is used on the profile once you’ve got that email id you can directly find other social media accounts made with that email id and this is how you can actually get an idea who is behind that fake Instagram account or if it’s a really fake or not.
Although people ask that, can the police really find out the original person behind the fake Instagram account?
The answer is yes, absolutely, if you register a case under your country’s provision law then you might get help from the cyber department where they will use their own tactics to find out the IP address, and then the person who really uses the profile, but the process might go into several hefty procedures.
Alternative to Spot Fake Instagram:
You can also try this:
- Open the Instagram fake profile finder on your device.
- Enter the Instagram Username onto the tool page.
- This will show you if the account is fake depending on a few factors.
[The above steps are almost the same for all tools available there]
The Bottom Lines:
If you really want to find who is actually behind an Instagram account just follow the above methods that are described or take help from the legal authorities in the case of serious activity is done with the account.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How to Find Phone Number Behind an Instagram Account?
You can first check their profile to see if they have agreed to share their contacts, if yes, then you can get in touch with them. Use the Instagram DM or Message feature to have a good conversation with others and then take their number.
You can check the bio of the business account and have a link to their website. You can also get their number through their website links, which were mentioned in their bio.
You will not find anyone’s phone number from any personal or public account unless the user approves Instagram, and this can only be done on a business account. For personal accounts, you can use a third-party mobile number finder tool to find someone’s number.
2. Can Police Track Fake Instagram Accounts?
Yes, they can trace them by their IP address on their computer or internet connection which they used to create an account. The police can track them with their IP address. In addition to the IP address, they can track the details of the phone is made from such a device. By tracking the IP address, they can take you to the exact home or phone where the account is being used.
3. How to Find the Admin of the Instagram Page?
Open your Instagram profile and go to the message section.
Open the group chat whose admin you want to find. Tap on the group logo. Then your group info will be open.
There on the member’s list, you can see who the administrator is.
4. Who Do Some Random Girls Message Me on Instagram?
In most cases, when you get random messages from girls, they are more likely to be fake users. Many people create fake Instagram accounts to promote or market certain products. They tend to spam with repetitive messages. If you wish to stop receiving spam messages on Instagram, then you should:
- Go to ‘Settings’.
- In ‘Settings’, click ‘Privacy’ and ‘Messages’.
- Within this menu, there will be the settings option saying as ‘Allow others to add you to groups’.
- If this is selected as ‘Everyone’, just go ahead and tick on the ‘Only people you follow’ box.
For private accounts, users can opt to stop getting notifications about messages that appear in the ‘Request’ folder. In this case:
- Go to ‘Settings’.
- Click ‘Notifications’ and then ‘Direct Messages’.
- Then turn the notifications off under the ‘Group Requests’ section.
- How Does Instagram Rank Story Viewers – Why Same Person
- How to See Who Viewed Instagram Highlights After 48 Hours?
- FIXED – Add Post to Your Story on Instagram Missing
- Know if Someone Muted Your Stories or DM on Instagram
- Does Instagram Notify when you Screen Record a Story?
- Find Out When Someone’s Instagram Account was Created
- Instagram Music isn’t Available in your Region – FIXED
- 7 Apps to Delete Multiple Instagram Photos – Working
- How to Remove a Remembered Account on Instagram? – 2022
- Add Instagram Filters to Existing Photos or Videos – Apply