Your Quick Answer:
To save all incoming photos or videos on your mobile just by turning on the ‘Save Photos’ option.
For the previous photos that are sent or received on your Messenger, you have to save those in another way. As the feature will save all the media after it is turned on.
To save all the photos from Facebook Messenger, you have to download the photos separately or download the whole chat on your mobile.
The best way to save all files from Messenger including photos, videos, and texts is to download the whole Facebook data as a backup if you don’t want to miss anything.
If you want to save all the incoming media to be saved on your mobile just turn on the ‘Save Photos’ feature on your mobile.
If you mean to download an image through a Facebook link, you can try using Facebook chat Downloader tools.
To set the settings to save all Messenger images automatically on your mobile just,
1. Go to Messenger Settings and go to the ‘Photos & media’ section.
2. Now turn on the ‘Save Photos’ options that will save all incoming media images on your mobile.
3. You will see the ‘Save on Capture’ option that will save those photos also that you take directly from your messenger. In order to save those also, turn on that option as well.
How to Download All Photos from Messenger Conversation:
Follow the below methods:
1. Shared Photos:
These are the photos that are sent or received (the shared photos) in a particular chat and these photos will be visible to you if you open the chat and can be saved on your choice.
To save the sent or received photos from a Messenger chat,
1. Open Messenger and tap on the name of that particular chat.
2. You will see all the photos that are sent to the person as well as the received ones. Now just tap & hold and it will pop up with the option ‘Save’, just tap on the ‘Save’ to take it to your gallery.
3. If you have multiple photos there in the chat repeat the same to save all these photos.
That’s all you’ve to do in order to save the photos in your gallery.
2. Save all photos on Facebook Messenger iPhone:
If your iPhone has enough storage you can make it, this will make big use of your iPhone storage/iCloud storage. If you’re on your iPhone and want to save the Messenger photos to be automatically saved on your iPhone gallery then you have to make a change in the settings, here you go:
1. First of all, open your Facebook Messenger app on your iPhone.
2. After that, you will have to click on the Settings gear icon (you have to make changes there).
3. Now scroll down and tap on the option ‘Save photos to camera roll’.
4. Here you have to flip the switch option to the right to make the ON position.
5. Now this will save your recent images from Facebook messages automatically in your iPhone gallery.
That’s all you’ve to do to save the photos on your iPhone.
3. Download Chat History including Pictures:
If you want to bulk download all images from your Messages or chat or other stuff then downloading the whole data from Facebook is always would be a great decision. Let’s follow the few steps to download the data and know the process:
1. Open your Facebook app and then go to the menu option which is available at the top right corner.
2. Now, scroll to the bottom and find the setting and privacy options. Just tap on that specific option to proceed with the further step. Go to: Settings >> Your Facebook Information >> Download your information.
3. Click on settings and scroll down to find the Facebook information.
4. After that make sure to tap on download your information. You can choose the data that you want to download.
5. Now click on ‘Select all’ and give a tick on the messages section. Just head on creating the file. When you are ready with the specific file then go for the download option.
That’s all you get the full data from your Facebook account, this may take time to get the download option, although you will get notified on your email.
4. Facebook Photo Downloader Tool:
You can just directly open Facebook.com or the app on your device and open the Facebook photo from the link. But to save the picture in HD format you can also use the Facebook image downloader to grab it on your mobile device or PC. When someone sends you a link to a Facebook post or photo just follow these steps to download:
1. Firstly, you need to copy the URL of that specific picture to download.
2. Now open Facebook Photo Downloader: https://www.expertstool.com/facebook-image-downloader/
3. Paste the link which you have copied (the Facebook photo link) and hit enter/tap to proceed.
4. Once the download option shows, click on the download button and choose your format according to your requirement.
5. Now, your picture will start the process and it will be saved automatically onto your device.
That’s all you’ve to do to download the Facebook photo using the photo downloader tool.
5. Download on PC:
Do you have multiple pictures on your Facebook messenger? You can open Messenger.com from your browser or Facebook chat in order to make a few changes and download the photos. Let’s follow:
1. Open messenger.com and go to the menu option to proceed with the downloading process, from there make sure to tap on the Settings option.
2. In the General account settings, you will the option of downloading a duplicate of your Facebook information. Make sure to click on that option.
3. Now tap on ‘Start My Archive’ which will provide you with the list of images.
4. After clicking on start my archive you will be incited to give your Facebook secret key. Then click on ‘Submit’, and your archive list will be sent to your email and from there you can download all the files.
That’s what you’ve to repeat in your case in case you’re on your desktop or MacBook to download the messenger photos.
The Bottom Lines:
Hope you’ve got the full instruction to download all types of photos from Messenger in different situations. In case you get the files that would be on your Gallery and if you get a link to the photo just download the HD version using the downloader & follow the steps above.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Couldn’t Save Images on Messenger – Why and How to Fix?
If you’re unable to save images on Messenger, you should try to clear the data of the Messenger application as it might be a memory issue. To clear app data, you need to head onto the Settings of your device.
From the Application and Permission section, and then click on App Manager. You’ll need to scroll down and click on Messenger and then click on Internal Storage. You can delete the data by clicking on Clear Data.
Updating the Messenger application can also help as sometimes glitches in the application occur due to the old version of the application. Therefore, you can update the application from Google Play Store to fix it.
If you want to save the pictures that you capture on Messenger, you’ll need to open Messenger and then click on your profile picture icon at the right corner of the screen. Scroll down to click on Photos & media.
Then turn on the ‘Save on capture’ button. Now every time you capture a picture on Messenger to send someone, it will be auto-saved to your gallery
To save pictures that you receive on Messenger from other users, you’ll need to click on the image and then click on the three dots icon. You’ll need to click on Save to save it manually in your gallery.
2. How to Download All Photos from a Facebook Group?
Although you can’t directly download all photos from Facebook groups, you can certainly follow a few indirect techniques to download all the photos from any Facebook group. You can go to the Photos section of the group and then screenshot all the pictures one by one.
You can even save each of them on your device manually.
To save manually, you’ll need to open the Facebook group.
Swipe right and click on Photos.
You’ll need to click on the picture that you want to save and then click on the three dots icon that’s at the top right corner of the screen.
Next, from the set of options, click on Save to phone.
This might be a little time-consuming, but do this one by one and you’ll be able to save all of them.
You’ll be able to download certain chrome extensions to do it too. You can add the chrome extension called DownAlbum on Chrome. It allows you to download bulk photos from all social media platforms. You can use it for free and unlimited times.
3. How to Download All Photos from Facebook Page?
To download all photos from the Facebook page, you’ll need to open your Facebook account using a browser. You can download photos for a Facebook page of which you’re an administrator.
You’ll need to get a copy of the page’s data that includes photos, videos, etc.
Open Facebook on your PC using a browser.
Next, log in to your account.
From the left side of the screen, click on Pages.
You’ll need to click on Settings.
Then click on the option General.
On the next page, you’ll be able to see the option Download Page. Click on it.
Then, click on Create File.
- How To Remove Restrictions On Facebook Account
- How to See Other Viewers on Facebook Story
- What Determines the Top 6 Friends on Facebook Profile – Order Of Friends
- Track Someone On Facebook Messenger Without Them Knowing
- Best Facebook Fake Account Finder Apps
- How To View Deleted Secret Conversations On Messenger
- How To View Facebook Account And Photos Without An Account
- Add WhatsApp Number To Facebook Marketplace, Profile, Page & Post
- How To Remove Facebook Profile Picture Without Deleting
- Trace a Fake Facebook Account and Find it Out
- What Happens If I Delete Profile Picture on Facebook