If you’re looking for the photos from your Facebook Messenger to your gallery, is absolutely possible to save all photos. Including the previous photos & previously sent media can be saved on your mobile in different ways that I will discuss in this article.
There is in Messenger a feature that comes in handy to save all incoming photos or videos on your mobile if you just turned on the ‘Save Photos’ option. But, for the previous photos that are sent or received on your Messenger, you have to save those in another way. As the feature will save all the media after it is turned on.
To save all the photos from Facebook Messenger, you have to download the photos separately or download the whole chat on your mobile. The best way to save all files from Messenger including photos, videos and texts I recommend downloading the whole Facebook data as a backup if you don’t want to miss anything.
Although, if you want to save all the incoming media to be saved on your mobile just turn on the ‘Save Photos’ feature on your mobile. Also, if you mean to download an image through a Facebook link, the guide is included here to download the photos using a Facebook Downloader tool.
Let’s dive in.
To set the settings to save all Messenger images automatically on your mobile just,
- Go to Messenger Settings and go to the ‘Photos & media’ section.
- Now turn on the ‘Save Photos’ options that will save all incoming media images on your mobile.
- You will see the ‘Save on Capture’ option that will save those photos also that you take directly from your messenger. In order to save those also, turn on that option as well.
Download All Photos from Messenger Conversation: Shared Photos
These are the photos that are sent or received (the shared photos) in a particular chat and these photos will be visible to you if you open the chat and can be saved on your choice.
To save the sent or received photos from a Messenger chat,
- Open the Messenger and tap on the name of that particular chat.
- You will see all the photos that are sent to the person as well as the received ones. Now just tap & hold and it will pop up with the option ‘Save’, just tap on the ‘Save’ to take it on your gallery.
- If you have multiple photos there in the chat repeat the same to save all these photos.
That’s all you’ve to do in order to save the photos in your gallery.
Save all photos on Facebook Messenger iPhone
If your iPhone has enough storage you can make it, this will make big use of your iPhone storage/iCloud storage. If you’re on your iPhone and want to save the Messenger photos to be automatically saved on your iPhone gallery then you have to make a change in the settings, here you go:
- First of all, open your Facebook Messenger app on your iPhone.
- After that, you will have to click on the Settings gear icon (you have to make changes there).
- Now scroll down and tap on the option ‘Save photos to camera roll’.
- Here you have to flip the switch option to the right to make the ON position.
- Now this will save your recent images from Facebook message automatically in your iPhone gallery.
That’s all you’ve to do to save the photos on your iPhone.
Download Facebook Messenger Chat History including pictures
If you want to bulk download all images from your Messages or chat or other stuff then download the whole data from Facebook is always would be a great decision. Let’s follow the few steps to download the data and know the process:
- Open your Facebook app and then go to the menu option which is available at the top right corner.
- Now, scroll to the bottom and find the setting and privacy options. Just tap on that specific option to proceed with the further step. Go to: Settings >> Your Facebook Information >> Download your information.
- Click on settings and scroll down to find the Facebook information.
- After that make sure to tap on download your information. You can choose your data that you want to download.
- Now click on ‘Select all’ and give a tick on the messages section. Just head on creating the file. When you are ready with the specific file then go for the download option.
That’s all you get the full data from your Facebook account, this may take times to get the download option, although you will get notified on your email.
Download a Facebook photo: Facebook photo downloader Tool:
You can just directly open Facebook.com or app on your device and open the Facebook photo from the link. But to save the picture in HD format you can also use the Facebook image downloader to grab it on your mobile device or PC. When someone sends you a link to a Facebook post or photo just follow these steps to download:
- Firstly, you need to copy the URL of that specific picture to download.
- Now open Facebook Photo Downloader and paste the link which you have copied (the Facebook photo link) and hit enter/tap to proceed.
- Once the download option shows, click on the download button and choose your format according to your requirement.
- Now, your picture will start the process and it will be saved automatically onto your device.
That’s all you’ve to do to download the Facebook photo using the photo downloader tool.
Download multiple photos from Facebook Messenger on PC
Do you have multiple pictures on your Facebook messenger? You can open Messenger.com from your browser or Facebook chat in order to make a few changes and download the photos. Let’s follow:
- Open messenger.com and go to the menu option to proceed with the downloading process, from there make sure to tap on the Settings option.
- In the General account settings, you will the option of download a duplicate of your Facebook information. Make sure to click on that option.
- Now tap on ‘Start My Archive’ which will provide you with the list of images.
- After clicking on start my archive you will be incited to give your Facebook secret key. Then click on ‘Submit’, your archive list will be sent to your email and from there you can download all the files.
That’s what you’ve to repeat in your case in case you’re on your desktop or MacBook to download the messenger photos.
The Bottom Lines:
Hope you’ve got the full instruction to download all types of photos from Messenger in different situations. In case you get the files that would be on your Gallery and if you get a link to the photo just download the HD version using the downloader & follow the steps I entitled above.
- Find & Track Messenger Secret Conversations – another phone
- What does it mean by Content not Available on Facebook?
- See First Message on Facebook/WhatsApp – without scrolling
- Delete old messages on Messenger from Both Sides
- Download All Photos from Messenger Conversation [WORKS]
- Bulk Delete Old Facebook Posts/Page Posts [App & PC]
- FIXED – Can’t create a carousel post on Facebook | How to
- View Locked/Private Facebook Profiles Online
- Trace a Fake Facebook Account and Find it Out
- Clear Facebook / Messenger app cache on iPhone – 2021
- What do you See on Facebook Messenger if Blocked – 2021