Your Quick Answer:
To promote on Instagram without posting, you’ll need to open an Instagram account and get into your profile page.
From there, click on Promotions and you’ll need to choose the story which you want to promote.
Then you’ll need to select your targeted audience by clicking on Create your own.
Provide a name to the set of targeted audiences. Then you’ll also need to provide the Interest of your audience. Next, enter the location, age, and gender of your targeted audience.
Then you’ll have to set a budget for promotion and duration for how long you want to keep the ad on Instagram.
You’ll need to pay the amount using any of the available credit methods.
But if you don’t want to promote your account by spending bucks you’ll need to approach pages and create free posts for them. On the post, they’ll provide a shoutout to your account which will help you extend your account’s reach.
You can promote each other’s pages that share the content in the same niche as yours to extend your followers.
Lastly, you can use third-party apps to exchange followers which is another indirect way to promote pages.
Can you promote Instagram without posting?
Yes, you can promote your Instagram account without sharing posts from the profile. But to do that, you’ll need to have a professional account as promoting an account is only allowed when the profile is professional. You won’t get the option to promote your profile if your profile is a personal account.
You can extend your account to a larger audience by converting your profile to a professional one by clicking on the Switch to Professional account option and putting in the necessary details. Then you can promote your stories to make them reach a larger audience. However, to do that, you’ll need to spend some bucks to promote your stories to a larger set of audiences.
How to Promote on Instagram without Posting?
You can follow a few steps below to promote your Instagram page/account without posts:
Step 1: Open Instagram Profile & Tap ‘Promotions’
You can promote your Instagram account without posting content. This can be done by promoting your account with the help of a few bucks. For that, you’ll need to open the Instagram application on your phone.
It’s always better if you update the application before starting this process as outdated versions are prone to experience glitches.
Next, from the homepage of your Instagram profile, you’ll need to click on the little profile icon that’s at the bottom left corner of your profile page and then you’ll be taken to your profile page. On your profile page, you’ll be able to see the option ‘Promotions’ right next to Edit Profile. Click on it.
Step 2: Select Choose post > Story & Tap Next icon
You’ll be taken to the Promotions page where you’ll need to choose and select a story that you want to promote.
To do that, you’ll need to click on the option Choose a post. Next, you’ll be taken to the Create promotion page from where you’ll be asked to choose a post. Besides the Post section, there’s the Stories section. As you have to promote stories for this method, click on Stories.
You’ll be taken to the Stories section where you’ll get displayed with all the stories you’ve posted from your account. You need to scroll down the page to click and select the story that you want and then click on the Next icon sighted as an arrow.
Step 3: Set Profile Visits Goal, Audience & Others
After you select your story, you’ll be taken to the Select a goal page. This page needs you to choose the aim of the promotion of your story. It will provide you with three different options: More profile visits, More website visits, and more messages.
As for this method you’re promoting your account, you need to click on the More profile visits option. This means that you are aiming to get more users to visit your Instagram profile. Then, click on the Next arrow icon to get into the next step.
On the next page, you’ll select a targeted audience. If you create content relating to politics and social issues, you’ll need to select the first option i.e Special ad category.
But if you create usual daily life-related content, you’ll need to choose Automatic to let Instagram choose the audience for your account who are similar to your current followers. You can also choose your audience by clicking on the Create your option. Then, you’ll need to click on the Next option by clicking on the arrow icon.
Step 4: Select Target location Age & Gender
On the next page, you’ll need to start jotting down the details of your targeted audience. First, enter any name under the Audience name, and then you’ll need to select the location of your targeted audience.
You have to put the location of the area from where you’re targeting to get an audience. It can be a local area or you can enter any city, state, or country. it will show up in the options box from where you select it.
After entering the location, you’ll need to click on the tick mark button and then you need to select the interest of your audience.
Next, you’ll need to choose the age of your targeted audience. Click on the Age and Gender option and then pull the line to select the targeted audience’s age. Then choose the gender as both male and female. As these steps are done, click on the tick icon and, then on the next page again click on the arrow icon.
Step 5: Set Budget & Duration
You’ll be taken to the Budget and duration page where you’ll need to select the amount you’ll have to pay to promote your story. It’s just a few bucks for one day which is the minimum amount.
It depends on how many days you want to keep the ad on Instagram. So you’ll need to first select the budget by pulling the budget line and then do the same with the Duration line. You’ll need to click on the arrow icon to go to the next page.
On the next page, you’ll need to click on the Payment option. As all the previous steps are completely done, you’ll just need to make the payment to Instagram to promote your account.
Step 6: Review and Pay the amount
On this page, you’ll be able to see your Cost summary under which there’s the total amount you’ll need to pay. The payment includes some tax. Then click on Payment. Over here you’ll be able to see the different payment methods provided to you.
You can either pay in debit and credit card which is the safest or you can go for UPI, PAYTM, or Next Banking. You’ll need to enter the amount in USD terms and then select the payment to be done via credit card. Then click on Add Funds. You’ll be taken to the payment page, where you’ll need to put your credit card details to pay.
How to Promote an Instagram Account for Free?
Here are a few methods that you can apply to promote your account for free:
1. Ask Other Pages for Win-Win Deal:
If you don’t want to spend bucks on promoting your account, here are some tips:
- You can ask the pages on Instagram that have many followers to let you create posts of them for free. There are tons of pages on Instagram that promote content for free and as they’ll mention your name on the post, it would be like a shout-out to your account.
- Approach those pages which have many followers so that your work can reach a greater audience.
- If you allow certain pages to post your work for free, they’re getting content for their page, and on the post, they’ll give you credit for the work, which is a Win-Win Deal for all.
2. Promoting Each other pages in the same Niche:
You can try to promote each other’s pages that share the content under the same niche as you do for free. In this way, you’ll both gain more audiences.
- You need to find some pages on Instagram that post content in the same niche that you do.
- If you don’t want to spend bucks on promoting, you can try this method for free by promoting each others’ pages. You’ll need to first find and then reach the pages and have a deal with them that you’re going to share their post and stories on your Instagram account and in return, they’ll have to do the same for you.
- This is a win-win situation where your audience can see the post you shared and in return, you’re also getting a larger reach as they’re sharing your post.
- You need to share each of their stories on your profile. You’ll also need to share their latest post on your account’s story and tell your audience to check their post out.
3. Use Third-party Tools:
Many third-party tools allow you to share followers with other accounts. One of the best tools that you can use is the Followers exchanger which allows you to share and exchange your followers with other accounts and pages that share content in a similar niche as yours.
- You’ll need to download the application from the web and then install it on your phone.
- Next, you’ll log in to your Instagram account with the application and then you’ll be shown different accounts with whom you can exchange followers.
- You’ll need to click on any of the displayed accounts and their followers will become a part of your account’s audience.
- These followers will be able to see your content and therefore, it’s increasing the reach of your post.
- How To Download Old Instagram Profile Picture
- How To See Someone’s Old Stories On Instagram
- How To Delete Instagram Chat From Both Sides
- How To Restore Likes And Comments On Instagram
- How To Find Someone On Instagram By Phone Number
- How to Search Multiple Hashtags on Instagram
- Best Inactive Instagram Followers Finder
- 5 Ways to Find Email Address from Someone’s Instagram
- How To See Photos Of Private Account On Instagram Without Follow
- Best Instagram Email Finder Tools