If you want to get notified on Facebook then you have to follow some simple steps that you show up on your chat who is online on your Facebook chat, for that you have to keep the active status Turned On.
Facebook would let you see the people you had chat with or replied to before on the active people section, also your friends as well.
But, if you want to get notified when someone comes online on Facebook then either you should use the PIDGIN or Online notifier app to track who is online and to get notifications.
To get to know on Facebook Messenger if someone is online, firstly make sure your Active status is ON, and then you will see people on Messenger chat who is online. Also, you can use tools like Online Notifier to get notified when someone comes online on Facebook.
Also, there are some apps like PIDGIN or chrome extension for notifications on PC if someone comes online, you just have to install those tools and set those up to make it work.
In this article, I will explain the methods in detailed steps that will help you get the online notifications and to know if someone is online on Facebook.
Turn On the Chat on Messenger
If you are using Facebook and want to get notified when someone is online then you can go to the Facebook messenger and check the list of your Facebook friends who are online at that time. To do this your active status must be turned on.
Therefore, if your active status is turned on, you can easily check who is online and offline and even during chats, there will be a green alert or a green dot on the DP of that person if they are online.
To turn your active status on you will need to follow these simple steps:
- Step 1: First of all, you have to go to the Facebook messenger app.
- Step 2: Then tap on your DP on the top left corner of your screen.
- Step 3: Scroll down and click on the option that says “Active Status”.
- Step 4: Tap next to the “Show when you’re active” to turn on your active status.
Using the Online Notifier app
To get notifications whenever someone comes online on Facebook, there is nothing that works better than the Online Notifier app for Facebook. This app is extremely simple to use as well as far better than another bunch of apps.
The Online Notifier app has various features, some of which are mentioned here:
- Related to chats, social media, and android apps.
- Price: Free.
- Operating system: Android.
- Alert when someone comes online.
To use the Online Notifier app to get notifications:
- Step 1: Firstly, install the Online Notifier app on your android device.
- Step 2: Then enter the username of your Facebook friend.
- Step 3: After that, click on “Active”.
- Step 4: Now will automatically get notified when your friend comes online on Facebook.
All you need to do is click on the “+“ sign to choose the friends from whom you want to get notified whenever they come online.
Get Online Alerts on Messenger – Desktop
When you are using Facebook on your desktop and want to get notified whenever one of your Facebook friends comes online you can connect to PIDGIN. You can use PIDGIN by setting up the plug-in. The plug-in feature is free and easy to install.
Here is how you can use the PIDGIN feature of Facebook on your desktop:
- Step 1: First of all, install PIDGIN on your desktop.
- Step 2: After installation, you will need to download two files for the plug-in.
- Step 3: Then to install those two plug-in files, go to file explorer and then steer to the location mentioned here:
- FOR 32-bit Windows- C:\Program Files\Pidgin
- FOR 64-bit Windows- C:\Program Files (×86) \Pidgin
- Step 4: Then you have to paste the file name “libjson-glib-1.0.dll“ in the location mentioned above.
- Step 5: The next step is to go to the following location present in the File Explorer.
- FOR 32-bit Windows- C:\Program Files\Pidgin\plugins
- FOR 64-bit Windows- C:\Program Files (×86) \Pidgin\p
- Step 6: Then lastly, you need to paste the file name “libfacebook.dll” in this particular location.
Now to add PIDGIN to your Facebook messenger, follow these steps:
- Firstly, open PIDGIN.
- Then click on “Accounts” and click on “Manage Accounts”.
- After that go to the “Add Account” window and open the “Protocol” dropdown.
- Then select “Facebook” and enter your Facebook username and password to login into your Facebook account.
- After connecting to your account, PIDGIN will start to load all your contacts from the Facebook messenger.
You will now be able to receive a notification when any of your Facebook contacts come online when you are using Facebook on your desktop.
Turning on Push Notification for Messenger
To receive the notification when someone comes online on Facebook, you can turn on the Push Notification feature on Facebook. To turn this feature on you will need to follow the steps that are mentioned below:
- Step 1: First go to messenger and login into your Facebook account using your username and password.
- Step 2: Then from the messenger chats, click on your DP on the top left corner of your screen.
- Step 3: Go to “Notifications & Sounds”.
- Step 4: Then click on the “ON” option and you can even choose for how long you want to turn this option off; in case you want to turn off the notifications of the messenger.
- Step 5: At last, click on “OK”.
After turning on the Push Notification for messenger you will now know when someone sends you messages on messenger and if that person is online or not.
Using Chrome Extension: Messenger & Notifier for Facebook
If you are using Facebook on chrome rather than the Facebook app then you can use the chrome extension to receive the notification when someone is online. It is an extremely easy way to check messenger.com.
To see who is online on your Facebook,
- First of all, install the Messenger & Notifier for Facebook extension.
- Pin it and setup the Facebook on the Desktop.
- Tap on the icon on the taskbar and get to see who is online.
The features of the chrome extension are mentioned below:
- It will notify you whenever anything happens to your Facebook friends on your Messenger.
- This extension has all the features of the original messenger.com in a customized UI.
- You can adjust even the badge-icon text color from the settings.
- It is a compendious Messenger client in your browser’s toolbar.
The Bottom Lines:
This article explained the methods that you can easily use and in case you want a tool to do such a job then the PIDGIN or Online Notifier is the best one to do so.
- Add WhatsApp Number to Facebook Profile, Page, Marketplace
- Download All Photos from Messenger Conversation [WORKS]
- Find & Track Messenger Secret Conversations – another phone
- What does it mean by Content not Available on Facebook?
- See First Message on Facebook/WhatsApp – without scrolling
- Delete old messages on Messenger from Both Sides
- What Determines the Top 6 Friends on Facebook Profile?
- Does the Blank Profile Picture on Messenger Mean Blocked?
- Clear Facebook / Messenger app cache on iPhone – 2021
- Trace a Fake Facebook Account and Find it Out